Finished

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms":3fkg9blu said:
Come to Georgia and I will PUT YOU UP while YOU PUT UP some new box stands for me. I will furnish the materials.

I truly appreciate the invite I am about sick of deer stands. I have got to where I was building them in the yard and transporting them on pallet forks.
My granddaughter that loves to hunt so much wanted a blue one. She is in Michigan for the summer so Paw Paw got her set up for season.

Nice. Wish I could get hay done beause I have to get something like that ready for this season. I've spent most of my life bow hunting, now that my oldest is able to gun hunt I realize how poorly I'm set up for it.

TexasBred":3n5y5t2w said:
CB were you drunk when you measured and cut those braces on #1?? ;-)

No very hot actually way too hot for an old man.
I have got to go back and straightened that out. I was just trying to get them up at the time. I was out of 2x4's and grabbed some 1X stuff I had laying around.
Had the Mrs. working the tractor and she had enough.

Caustic Burno":3kquvusk said:
TexasBred":3kquvusk said:

I have got to go back and straightened that out. I was just trying to get them up at the time. I was out of 2x4's and grabbed some 1X stuff I had laying around.
:lol: I saw that too but wasn't going to say anything....you know when you leave an obvious flaw it can hide a lot of minor imperfections. :nod:

1982vett":13kxtdb0 said:
Caustic Burno":13kxtdb0 said:
TexasBred":13kxtdb0 said:

:lol: I saw that too but wasn't going to say anything....you know when you leave an obvious flaw it can hide a lot of minor imperfections. :nod:

:nod: Built a real nice "pole barn/shop combo" for a friend of mine several years ago. It had 45* corner braces on each post going up to the band. I purposely cut one about 12" too long and screwed it in place and left for the day. He spotted it immediately and called me. I acted shocked and told him we'd fix it. He never found another flaw :lol2:

1982vett":329o3eaw said:
Caustic Burno":329o3eaw said:
TexasBred":329o3eaw said:

Mine would have looked much worse than that even if I'd done it stone cold sober.

TexasBred":srbq8lwk said:
1982vett":srbq8lwk said:
Caustic Burno":srbq8lwk said:
Mine would have looked much worse than that even if I'd done it stone cold sober.

Well TB here is my Hickspanics granddaughter's stand and shooting lane. Just finished mowing it.
Girl is deadly with a 223.

Looks good . No excuses for not getting a deer there unless she just gets too comfortable and goes to sleep. lolol

Carpenter2n":1pwibdjq said:
why do you call it hunting?

Mostly because I don't like getting that call to go find a gut shot deer the city boys were chasing. Stand hunting is one shot, no waste.

CB mine are steel. 20 foot legs. I lay them up in the dump trailer with the box hanging out the top and use the hydraulics to get them up about 60%. Then they pull right on up easily. You need a back tie in case someone pulls too hard.

I drive T posts deep at the bases so that the wind doesn't topple them. So far I have been lucky.

Carpeted floor and walls holds down noise. Remnants work perfect.

backhoeboogie":1iwnw5vc said:
Carpenter2n":1iwnw5vc said:
why do you call it hunting?

Mostly because I don't like getting that call to go find a gut shot deer the city boys were chasing. Stand hunting is one shot, no waste.

CB mine are steel. 20 foot legs. I lay them up in the dump trailer with the box hanging out the top and use the hydraulics to get them up about 60%. Then they pull right on up easily. You need a back tie in case someone pulls too hard.

I drive T posts deep at the bases so that the wind doesn't topple them. So far I have been lucky.

Carpeted floor and walls holds down noise. Remnants work perfect.
I don't know how long the legs are, but there's one just like that sitting on my place..belonged to my brother. Anchored down with teeposts too. I think it has a wood floor tho.

Caustic Burno":3ju84vn3 said:
Got all the grandkids set up in their own stand. That makes 6 box stands.

My granddaddy took me out deer hunting. It was a coming of age thing. He handed me a board and pointed to a "good tree"

It must be really nice to have box stands like that when you are just getting started. CB you are spoiling them.

backhoeboogie":1q1ennhm said:
Caustic Burno":1q1ennhm said:
Got all the grandkids set up in their own stand. That makes 6 box stands.

My granddaddy took me out deer hunting. It was a coming of age thing. He handed me a board and pointed to a "good tree"

It must be really nice to have box stands like that when you are just getting started. CB you are spoiling them.

Got that right.

Latest posts