Finished

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Breeding season is over. Phew!
Well, it was actually over a few days ago (time wise) but I do have 4 that have not passed over yet. Fingers crossed that they do pass over because I won't be breeding them. Had 4 due this past week that passed over.
First one due 1-1 and last one due will be 3-9 . And that was with taking an almost 2 week vacation during the 60+ days of breeding. We bred all the heifers for 6 days (plus a few cows) before leaving on vacation. Then when we came back 4-10 we bred the rest.

I'm 3 days away from the first cycle being done.. I've seen the bull with all but one of them, and there's one that's a maybe.. Hoping they all stuck the first go-round, would make for the tightest calving season we've ever had

Jeanne - Simme Valley":174qjhl9 said:
Breeding season is over. Phew!
Well, it was actually over a few days ago (time wise) but I do have 4 that have not passed over yet. Fingers crossed that they do pass over because I won't be breeding them. Had 4 due this past week that passed over.
First one due 1-1 and last one due will be 3-9 . And that was with taking an almost 2 week vacation during the 60+ days of breeding. We bred all the heifers for 6 days (plus a few cows) before leaving on vacation. Then when we came back 4-10 we bred the rest.

Jeanne - what is the status of Phil's AI skills? And I have wondered, do you AI?

No, I do not and Phil is not breeding them. We have a tech come in.
As Ron knows, 100% AI is challenging. So this is a good feeling being done. We bred 44 head and I only have 4 left to pass over. So, feeling GOOD!!!!

Latest posts