finding a heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

shell34

Reaction score
Although I have lurked around here for a while this is the first time I had a question to post....any help would be appreciated!!!

We live in the north central Texas area and my son has been looking for a new heifer to show for his junior year.
What is the best way to find breeders that have registered show heifers for sale? Does anyone have any recommendations on folks in this area? We found a couple of local breeders, but would like to look at some other animals before buying one.

He showed a Hereford last year and she did not place well at any of the shows. He did an awesome job with what he had to work with and we would love to find one that he might have a chance at placing somewhere besides last. It would also be nice to find a breeder that works with the FFA kids and know they usually have budgets to work with.

Thanks for any help!

i got lucky and found alot of good breeders around. best way is to talk to people who are in the cattle business and they will probably know someone. or you can look in a ruel newspaper and find plenty of advertisments. herefords a good choice of breed. good luck on finding someone.

Why dont you try a Charolais heifer there are some good breeders out in Texas like double o, M6, and more just go to the Texas Charolais association

Try Reagan Schwab at http://www.shcwabfarms.com tell him Destiny told you about him. I will seen you some pic's of my Maine heifer I showed for him this year. She got 2nd at HLRS won her class at Austin, 5th in Ft.worth out of 15. 4th in SA. Plus most of all the little shows I showed her at she won her class and got Res or Grand. He has some good calves and will work with you and help you out. He sale calves starting @ $800 on up to what ever you won't to pay.

Where about in North Central Texas? I live west of Ft. Worth . I am interested in helping you find a breeder and helping with your sons project. Do you wanna say with Hereford or does it matter?

Latest posts