Finally

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy

Reaction score
Well, I am finally starting to cut my hay this weekend. Hopefully I can get everything done in a little over a week. The fields are finally dry enough and the weather is clear. Won't be much other than filler but right now the barns are empty. I will have to suppliment with liquid feed this year.

Good lord willing and my old equipment holds up I will get it all done next week.

Good luck with it. Haying has been over with for a couple months around here.

That "filler" looks pretty good to cows when they start getting hungry......

flaboy":3lz5na8w said:
Well, I am finally starting to cut my hay this weekend. Hopefully I can get everything done in a little over a week. The fields are finally dry enough and the weather is clear. Won't be much other than filler but right now the barns are empty. I will have to suppliment with liquid feed this year.

Good lord willing and my old equipment holds up I will get it all done next week.

Hey flayboy, if you have any extra, I bet you could get a pretty penny for it up North after they've used all their supply up rolling it out on the ice slush!! :)

Well, I usually have enough that I can sell some. Last year drought = no extra. This year floods = no extra. I just made it through last year. I just hope to the same this year.

heres hoping your equipment an weather stays togather till you get all your hay baled.an that you get enough hay to make it through the winter.

Looks like the weather is going to hold up. Hopefully I'm going to finish today. Need to roll up some peanuts and then can put the baler up for the year.

Best of luck to you.

flaboy":c4naw7mh said:
Well, I usually have enough that I can sell some. Last year drought = no extra. This year floods = no extra. I just made it through last year. I just hope to the same this year.

I have about 60 extra round bales. Hook-up your flatbed and c'mon down!!

Got her done. Only on e repair to the 851 baler and that was a floor chain guide. I had a spare. The old big tractor ran like a top and never overheated. The hay mower I rebuilt two years ago works fantastic. DM90 BushHog. Only had one baler fire and I am not sure why. I did find a stick that looked like it had burned far longer than the actual fire. I got it out and didn't burn the field and didn't burn any bales like last year. All those bearings and main chains were worth the money. I was able to do 15 bales/hour with the 851 which is a manual wrap and I was doing 5X6 bales.

Now with a full barn I feel much more relieved. I finished Friday with all the hay in the barns and all the equipment cleaned up and put away. It rained a bunch on Sunday. I feel blessed the have made it.

I certainly hope everyone has their barns full. It is a good feeling.

Latest posts