Finally raining, sort of............

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Been raining most of the night and we've already gotten a whopping .09 inches. First measurable since the middle of last month.

dun

sprinkles yesterday, light rain last night.
That magical,mystical 44 line is doing us in again.
The spring finally dryed up last week. First time in 18 yrs it hasn't flowed some water. Having to water out of the well till a couple of good soaking rains get here. Spring 2007 hay crop isn't looking good at all.

Been raining pretty solid all night and continues this morning. Haven't gone out to check the guage yet but it rained enough that is pooling up beside the dirt driveway we put in back to the barn.

Chris

dj":11ejy2em said:
sprinkles yesterday, light rain last night.
That magical,mystical 44 line is doing us in again.
The spring finally dryed up last week. First time in 18 yrs it hasn't flowed some water. Having to water out of the well till a couple of good soaking rains get here. Spring 2007 hay crop isn't looking good at all.

I guess we're lucky, this time since it came from the south instead of the north the 44 line didn't get us

6.6 inches here since about midnight on Saturday night and it's still cloudy and overcast. What a relief. I hope everyone got a good soaking.

Frankie":7hk94l2j said:
6.6 inches here since about midnight on Saturday night and it's still cloudy and overcast. What a relief. I hope everyone got a good soaking.
Thats a pond filler. Good on ya. I know you needed it.

I'm not complaining a bit. Over an inch last night and still raining. Just planted ryegrass a week and a half ago. :D

have a cattleman friend who lives near Toledo Bend in Many, La. He's gotten almost 3 inches so far. They were under a severe drought. This rain has finally closed the cracks up in his ground.

Caustic Burno":lhtdz15f said:
12 inches in less than 24 hours water is not too deep in the pasture seen a wood duck walk across it earlier and he has little short legs.

Caustic,

Didn't you need some rain, or is it northern/western texas that's been having problems?

cypressfarms":2szqlg3m said:
Caustic Burno":2szqlg3m said:
12 inches in less than 24 hours water is not too deep in the pasture seen a wood duck walk across it earlier and he has little short legs.

Caustic,

Didn't you need some rain, or is it northern/western texas that's been having problems?

I didn't need rain have had plenty. Cows are standing on the side of a hill looking at the Gulf of Mexico. This stuff is moving over into La you better get the jon boat ready.

Caustic Burno":225hqcat said:
cypressfarms":225hqcat said:
Caustic Burno":225hqcat said:

Caustic,

I didn't need rain have had plenty. Cows are standing on the side of a hill looking at the Gulf of Mexico. This stuff is moving over into La you better get the jon boat ready.

Always have the trusty pirogue ready. Only makes it bad when the kids stand up. ;-)

I am glad that I didn't disc before planting the ryegrass. That would have been a train wreck with as much rain as we are supposed to get.

I blew the dust out of the rain gauge this morning in the hopes that we get a little rain. I planted ryegrass over the weekend so I need a little.

So far about 3 inches here this morning and wind is blowing at a pretty good clip. SW La. 60 Mi. From Gulf and 60 Mi from Sabine River

cypressfarms":1x5slinc said:
Caustic Burno":1x5slinc said:
cypressfarms":1x5slinc said:
Caustic Burno":1x5slinc said:

Caustic,

Always have the trusty pirogue ready. Only makes it bad when the kids stand up. ;-)

I am glad that I didn't disc before planting the ryegrass. That would have been a train wreck with as much rain as we are supposed to get.

We have been flooded in since daylight all the creek crossings are over the county road bridges.They are starting to close the FM's and state roads in the area due to flooding.

dun":2fwxtias said:
Been raining most of the night and we've already gotten a whopping .09 inches. First measurable since the middle of last month.

dun

And....its still raining here at my place DUN, started about 4am, still going strong, I sure didn't mind standing out feeding calves this morning in my rain jacket, already making a big difference. 8) 8)

GMN

GMN":lyczf5pl said:
And....its still raining here at my place DUN, started about 4am, still going strong, I sure didn't mind standing out feeding calves this morning in my rain jacket, already making a big difference. 8) 8)

GMN

Other then some mud the only difference I can see is the grass has been washed and the rest of the wlanuts are dropping like crazy.
As dry as it's been and is hard as the ground is I'm glad it's a slow rain rather then a toad choker. This stuff can slowly sink in instead of running. Won;t help the ponds, but right now I'm more concerned about the grass, which is dried up and burned off.

dun

Caustic Burno":1ula88ts said:
We have been flooded in since daylight all the creek crossings are over the county road bridges.They are starting to close the FM's and state roads in the area due to flooding.

Dang Caustic,

I didn't realize that it was that bad.

Feast or famine, isn't it. Well, the weatherman is saying sunshine Wednesday.

Latest posts