Finally got a picture uploaded! Commercial Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

showmomof2

Reaction score
th_003.jpg
Finally got an image on here. Had to go to photobucket and it's a smaller image, but this heifer is one we raised and I am pretty proud of her. Hopefully she can compete in our jackpots and county/district fair. This is her first time in a halter. She fought for a few minutes, then she stood still and went to eating hay. If she doesn't do well in the show arena, I know she will make a good mama.
th_008.jpg
Here is another view. What do you think? She won't be a tall cow, but other than that, we like her.

Her mama is a yellow charolais cross with a touch of brahma and her daddy is an angus. Both are smaller framed so I don't expect her to be a big cow. A friend of ours has a smokey colored bull we would like to breed her to early this summer. He should add a bit more muscle to the calf. I tried all evening to get pictures to upload and I finally gave up and used photobucket-then that's the only size I could get. I have posted pictures here before with no problem-don't know what happened.

We haltered her for the second time tonight and got her leading beside one of our other heifers. This is the easiest one yet!

Latest posts