Finally, a use for fire ants

Help Support CattleToday:

tater74":12hj2c5b said:
Anthillart.com. my son showed me a YouTube video of this guy pouring molten aluminum down an ant hill. I tried to paste the url but couldn't figure it out on my phone.
I could go into business with this one.
I've seen it and its pretty cool ,I'm gonna try it one day

9d0912c03aa86ab8b6d154daf33479d8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGJ2jMZ-gaI

That's on my list. I know my wife would like one of these. She loves blood diamonds and would settle for nothing less when we got engaged. Something like this, something that required so many giving their lives for would definitely please her. And it being a fire ant would be icing on the cake. Maybe Mother's Day.

Jogeephus":3nir81r8 said:
That's on my list. I know my wife would like one of these. She loves blood diamonds and would settle for nothing less when we got engaged. Something like this, something that required so many giving their lives for would definitely please her. And it being a fire ant would be icing on the cake. Maybe Mother's Day.

Do a town ant mold it be big enough to put in the front yard.

Town ants is what we call leaf cutters in East Texas.

I saw it done with concrete too.. it was in Africa somewhere.. it was a MASSIVE abandoned colony.. it took yards of concrete until it was filled.

Hook":2jxis7gp said:
I think I'll give it a try thisnafternoon or tomorrow

Come down here there are at least a half million mounds in a mile radius to practice on.
I figure it will take you 999,999 to get it down pat. I will take care of the rest.

I don't have a lot and the next freeze we have that is going to be followed by another one I will drag the pasture.
That takes them out. Tear the top off the mound and their little insulated house is gone.

Kingfisher":1nsnekfy said:
Hook":1nsnekfy said:
I think I'll give it a try thisnafternoon or tomorrow
What will you use for the aluminum?

Old automatic transmission cases might be alright. Old outboard motors small engines chainsaws and such. Maybe a new F150.

Hurleyjd... Be careful with chainsaws.. a lot of them are magnesium, and will burn and nearly explode, spewing molten aluminum everywhere.. anything where weight is a serious concern might be magnesium.. dirt bike engines, chainsaws, etc

Well, I used an old aluminum ladder that was wore out. Got about 11 lbs melted down but can't maintain it in liquid form. I guess I need i build a better heat system. I started off using a propane burner base inside a tractor tire rim and a steel pot on top. Then went to a propane weed burner from above. That worked to get it to melt down but not keep liquid. Then I liked charcoal inside the rim and tried from above with the weed burner again.
I got a nice chunk of melted aluminum but the liquidity wasn't there.

Hook":1yimgy9p said:
Nothing small enough.
What about cutting the bottom off an old Nos bottle? How flammable are the residual gases
that will work just fine. open valve and use a cut off wheel.

Latest posts