Finally a BWF!

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
Well,I thought you all might think this was interesting I sure did. After having 6 calves out of my Polled hereford bull,a Mohican Nasdaq P316 son. #7 I finally had a black white faced bull calf. All have been soild black out of black cows except one which was red mottley faced,out of IMO a black angus cow, when she bred hereford before had BWF. The bwf bull calf came from a reg. black angus cow. Not that I'm unhappy with his calves, they are nice calves. I just thought it was strange. After losing 6 first heifer calves. I don't care if they are purple with black spots. LOL :lol:

Congrats on your new calf ~ BWF babies are adorable!

Losing six calves is awfully tough! What happened?

angie":2qx92t3o said:
Congrats on your new calf ~ BWF babies are adorable!

Losing six calves is awfully tough! What happened?

You name it had twins too early,found one caught in a hay feeder.Had a wet snow and drizzle just bad weather for new born calves. Found one that heifer had too close to a pond,looked like calf got up stubbled in trying to stand,he was alive fought him for a week still lost him. It's just been one of those years. :( :deadhorse:

TennesseeTuxedo":369vrlti said:
Sounds like you just had your first Registered Black Hereford bull.

Congrats!

Tux, I guess your right. Thats probably all it takes to reg. one. LOL Only one small problem I already banded him. LOL B&G ;-)

Black and Good":38fhx398 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":38fhx398 said:

Congrats!

Tux, I guess your right. Thats probably all it takes to reg. one. LOL Only one small problem I already banded him. LOL B&G ;-)
You should of collected some straws from him before you banded him...be a rich man! :lol2:

sim.-ang.king":gx6uzlzk said:
Black and Good":gx6uzlzk said:
TennesseeTuxedo":gx6uzlzk said:

Congrats!

You should of collected some straws from him before you banded him...be a rich man! :lol2:
:lol2: :lol2: :clap: .

Latest posts