Fidelity - Is it outdated?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bright Raven

Reaction score
There is such a disregard for fidelity in high places, one wonders if we live in "The Era of Fornication and Adultery". In the wake of the Weinstein scandal, the list of high-profile men practicing fornication and adultery has grown to over 100. Particularly, involving broadcasters, elected officials, athletes, and movie stars. It is not a new practice, consider Samson And Delilah. IDK, maybe it is time to be more forgiving.

I spit ,cuss, drink a little, smoke a little. Even been known to fight. But infidelity, both directions turns my stomach. To me there's nothing more despicable than getting into a lifelong deal with someone who is supposed to be your best friend and your partner and breaking your commitment. It's disgraceful and it shows lack of character and honesty.
Ive been quick to shut up many a braggart carrying on about his exploits.

I personally believe most who cheat didn't get enough in high school and college.

Jogeephus":1plhc0g5 said:
What do you expect when you are focusing on the dregs of society?

I bet those professions are not far off from being a reflection of society in general. Including the institution of religion.

Bright Raven":l2uu96hf said:
Jogeephus":l2uu96hf said:

I bet those professions are not far off from being a reflection of society in general. Including the institution of religion.

I'd have to disagree.

Jogeephus":2qz1lkni said:
Bright Raven":2qz1lkni said:
Jogeephus":2qz1lkni said:

I'd have to disagree.

I think it is more prevalent among those who enjoy positions of power. There may be statistics if you do a search. I have seen surveys where over 50 % of the population admits to extramarital affairs.

If that statistic is right then I must hang around with a bunch of liars because I only know a few people who admit to doing this. The lives of most of these are wrecked and so are their families. I care to much about my wife and family to throw it all away for the hairy end of a gut.

Jogeephus":9cg5y39e said:
If that statistic is right then I must hang around with a bunch of liars because I only know a few people who admit to doing this. The lives of most of these are wrecked and so are their families. I care to much about my wife and family to throw it all away for the hairy end of a gut.

Joe, voters suppress those values when they walk in that voting booth. :hat:

callmefence":m7rk6kpe said:
I spit ,cuss, drink a little, smoke a little. Even been known to fight. But infidelity, both directions turns my stomach. To me there's nothing more despicable than getting into a lifelong deal with someone who is supposed to be your best friend and your partner and breaking your commitment. It's disgraceful and it shows lack of character and honesty.

I personally believe most who cheat didn't get enough in high school and college.

I'll drink to that.

Jogeephus":13yrhb5o said:

"the hairy end of a gut" such an elegant turn of a phrase. LOL

melking":2vuqkxyn said:
Jogeephus":2vuqkxyn said:

May that phase be stricken from my mind for all time. Had I a clue my good friend from Georgia would inflict such a horrid vision upon me, I swear to Zeus, I would never have initiated this thread.

Bright Raven":3b646yt6 said:
melking":3b646yt6 said:
Jogeephus":3b646yt6 said:

May that phase be stricken from my mind for all time. Had I a clue my good friend from Georgia would inflict such a horrid vision upon me, I swear to Zeus, I would never have initiated this thread.

Lmao
Closest I've ever come to filing a protest.

I've heard that it wasn't anything to see Kennedy piling into a car, with Nixon, with several young vixens in tow. There were even reporters in the group, yet they knew that this was a privileged situation and that it was something that SHOULDN'T be reported on.

I have also heard the 50% statistic, and look around a room wondering who the dirty, dirty people are. Of course, we'll probably never know b/c such things aren't to be talked about in polite company. I suspect the nice woman from the church would rather you hear her fart than discuss her affair with the preacher. It's nothing new, as history is filled with bastards trying to rightfully claim what is theirs. But there has never been a 24 hour news cycle, and that is what is forcing it in our faces.

callmefence":2zgkgi8m said:
Bright Raven":2zgkgi8m said:
melking":2zgkgi8m said:

Lmao
Closest I've ever come to filing a protest.

It is an insult to all humans. Forgive me Joe. But I honestly find that disgusting.

melking":1d9c76z0 said:
Jogeephus":1d9c76z0 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I must say umm... not all of those ends of guts are hairy

Like a lot of things, the same has been said about every generation to one extent or another. We just have an easier way of hearing about it 24/7 instead of in the gossip columns.
Ike had his driver.....FDR his 'caretaker', George Washington evidently slept everywhere and with anyone, as did Jefferson. Babe Ruth, and the roar from the Roaring Twenties were people hollerin "Oh Gawd Oh Gawd "at all hours of the day and night..

A lot (if not most) of the time, the braggarts are the ones that just aren't 'getting any'......anywhere.

callmefence":3n1h7pad said:

Pretty much my view. I've been married for 30 years and can honestly say that I have not been with another women for the last 32. But that's just me. Don't make me perfect by any stretch, I've got plenty other faults.

greybeard":20g2toce said:
A lot (if not most) of the time, the braggarts are the ones that just aren't 'getting any'......anywhere.

Totally candid: I cannot imagine anyone who cannot get any. You would have to be the 'Hunch Back of Notre Dame' to not get enough to keep you calm. There is a guy who works on the fencing crew here. We call him 'Bear'. He is called that because he is as wide as he is tall. No teeth, not one. And even he has a regular squeeze.

Bright Raven":24dgzfro said:
greybeard":24dgzfro said:

Totally candid: I cannot imagine anyone who cannot get any. You would have to be the 'Hunch Back of Notre Dame' to not get enough to keep you calm. There is a guy who works on the fencing crew here. We call him 'Bear'. He is called that because he is as wide as he is tall. No teeth, not one. And even he has a regular squeeze.

May I present exhibit A.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/p ... -1.3288170

Bestoutwest":2lbnjbgl said:
Bright Raven":2lbnjbgl said:
greybeard":2lbnjbgl said:

May I present exhibit A.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/p ... -1.3288170

Well, at least he was an avid hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts