Few calf pics

Help Support CattleToday:

jersey lilly

Reaction score
Calves are lookin good even tho I'm not pleased with some of the colors we got this year. For some reason seems we are gettin way more grays, and light colors instead of blacks. We have mixed cattle but even the one's that are black brangus, some are havin calves that aren't black, with black brangus bulls.
2006-06-15-012.jpg

2006-06-15-023.jpg

This one's mama is a black brangus, along with the bull...built good tho.

2006-06-15-028-Drd-calf.jpg

This one's mama is a white face, but you'd think that she'd have a black baldie.....guess not, this makes two like this so far outta her.

2006-06-15-032.jpg

kinda strange all that different color with a black brangus. my lasts year crop was all black and some baldys from a angus plus this year ive got all black from a strait brangus. out of simbrah and braford momas

your brangus bull may have a red gene in him. do the cows have a little simmi in them it will dilute the color.

We dont have any semi cows. But your right the bull probably carries the red gene. I just thought it was strange this year, cuz in other years we've had mostly black calves, few tans and reds, but this year there's a bunch of em.

lilly are your cows crossbreds.b/c what im seeing in the calves are some other breeds coming out.looks liike simmi an char in the blk cows breeding.thus throwing calves that color.also is your brangus a porebred bull.as said he might have the red gene in his as well.

Latest posts