Fertilizer prices?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018":19ivbuck said:
Anyone priced any yet this year? Trying to determine what we will put on.

Last week at the local mill might have been week before I was hearing 800 a ton don't know the blend.
Wasn't paying a lot of attention as you are spinning your wheels here until the night time temp's get above 60 degrees.

Caustic Burno":2jjl453h said:
tom4018":2jjl453h said:
Anyone priced any yet this year? Trying to determine what we will put on.

Last week at the local mill might have been week before I was hearing 800 a ton don't know the blend.
Wasn't paying a lot of attention as you are spinning your wheels here until the night time temp's get above 60 degrees.
I understand, just trying to determine what I will put on. We put chicken litter on in the fall, usually put some nitrogen on in the spring. Soil test are low on potash so I may add some.

Urea was at $520 a ton here about 10 days ago. The nitrogen fertilizers are the ones that scare me in the spring...last year urea went from 450 up to 900 bucks a ton in about 6 weeks! Good layer house litter that's never been outside is $40 a ton delivered and dumped. Most of that price is freight. We have broiler litter closer and cheaper but it has so much bedding in it that I haven't had as good of production with it.

Use your soil test and get your fertilizer dealer to blend what is needed to supplement the litter you applied. Apply what ever your budget will allow.

The nitrogen fertilizers are the ones that scare me in the spring...

Around our area, Nitrogen is always the wild card too. Liquid (28%) is quite a bit higher then urea right now (usually is a little spread "here"), urea was just over 500$/ton and 28 was like 390/ton. We like to put down some liquid n in the spring on our grass hay and pastures. We use the liquid because we have a sprayer set up to do it, most years the price of 28 vs urea isnt too far a part once we figure in app costs, but may be different this spring.?.

Got it out just before a very hard shower.

Our fert dealer charges 20$/ton extra if it rains with-in 24 hours of application, Rain charge he says!!
Kidding :)
Jenna

Latest posts