Fencing Tools

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Finally finished cross-fencing and gathered up my tools and gave them a fresh coat of paint. Thought it would be a good time to post a pic of what I use and compare it to what you guys use. Here are my main tools. (By the way, I intended to paint everything blaze orange. Either I'm colored blind or I got cheated.)

IMG_1625.jpg

Add an air compressor/drill and a welding/cutting machine for my area. Have about six inches of top soil and the rest is solid rock.

Lot less trouble to just pay someone around here.

if you paint them all orange you will have problems finding what you need again. :idea:

Hey do you know where to find a pair of stretchers like the ones you have hanging there the ones you stick on the post and pull. We had some when I was a kid but I lost them and dad still brings that up.

Jogeephus":2bu0l84x said:
Finally finished cross-fencing and gathered up my tools and gave them a fresh coat of paint. Thought it would be a good time to post a pic of what I use and compare it to what you guys use. Here are my main tools. (By the way, I intended to paint everything blaze orange. Either I'm colored blind or I got cheated.)

IMG_1625.jpg
Paint them yellow, the same color yellow as fence insulators. Yellow shows up better, in grass and leaves, also will show up beter on the wall.

Wick":th6o53u5 said:
Hey do you know where to find a pair of stretchers like the ones you have hanging there the ones you stick on the post and pull. We had some when I was a kid but I lost them and dad still brings that up.

I bought mine at an old feed store in South Carolina. There was post a while back that had a link on it to a hardware store that carries them. They are hard to find but it is one of my favorite tools. (second tool from left of the wire roller) The gizmo hanging on the caribiner is a wonderful wire holder if you need one. Best I've found.

I can't think of the name of the company though. I keep thinking Jeffers but that is not it. I see them mentioned quite often on the board but I'm too dumb to remember it. I'll keep searching posts but maybe somebody will post it.

Dang ,I wish I could get you to come over here and organize my tool shed Jogeephus.
Whats that square piece of black flat iron with chain ? something you made for pulling T posts ?
good luck

HAY MAKER":3bl5z2b5 said:
Dang ,I wish I could get you to come over here and organize my tool shed Jogeephus.
Whats that square piece of black flat iron with chain ? something you made for pulling T posts ?
good luck

Yeah, its my t-post puller. Works pretty good. Gonna make another out of some 10" pipe I found. Thought that would be good for pulling corner posts. I wish I could keep it organized, its normally piled in the back of the truck but sometimes I just make myself stop and regroup.

Latest posts