Feeding time at the zoo

Help Support CattleToday:

You went a long ways and that bale seem to not get much smaller. A lot of cattle that looks to be in good shape and even a good looking dog.
That bale feeder does stretch a bale out. I find they clean up better behind it than they do with a three point unroller.

Is that a chainless bale feeder? If so what brand is it and how do you like it?
Yes, it is a Tubeline chainless bail feeder. I do like it. Silage bales, particularly oats, can be a bugger to unroll in late winter but this tool makes the job much better. Also like the windrow it lays out. It's narrow enough that the cows don't walk down it nearly as much. I feel like they clean up behind it better as well.

Yes, it is a Tubeline chainless bail feeder. I do like it. Silage bales, particularly oats, can be a bugger to unroll in late winter but this tool makes the job much better. Also like the windrow it lays out. It's narrow enough that the cows don't walk down it nearly as much. I feel like they clean up behind it better as well.
Looks similar to my Hustler bale feeder. It sure beats forking hay from a trailer, especially when its cold and the wind is blowing.

Looks similar to my Hustler bale feeder. It sure beats forking hay from a trailer, especially when its cold and the wind is blowing.
Tubeline used to make the Hustler under license from Hustler and called them Agway. Eventually Hustler started making it themselves for the North American market, but they are still almost the same machine.