Feed sources. What would y'all do?

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas":2yu62sqx said:
When you figure it out take that back to the amount that it will take to get a lb of gain and tell me if it is profitable to feed them on a grazing contract. I think not, but hope you can.
It's not from last years figures, I didn't refine them this much but I could figure it wasn't. Just like looking an something from all sides. Don't know when you'll see something that wasnt there before or get another complete idea.

jedstivers":77m8ua95 said:
Which has the most energy?
DDG
Corn Gluten pellets
Soy Hulls
Rice Bran
Wheat Midds
Whole Cotton Seed

Jed whole cottonseed will just about always be your best option although it too can get priced completely off the board sometimes. That said I probably wouldn't feed them as long as I'm grazing the wheat as you don't need that much additional protein. I think you're best route is to just continue to feed them "what you got". Now how is that for going around the world to get next door. :lol2:

heck Jed betwen all that turkey litter,gin trash,meat and bone meal, corn, soybeans, blood meal and cotton seed you have available I can't see how you could feed any cheaper or get any more protein or energy any cheaper
I guess some people just want something for nothing

kenny thomas":2h0zywtj said:
Whole cottonseed should not be any problem for him. They are grazing it straight off the stalk. :nod:
You'll find a few but not enough to influence the ration. The wheat should be 25-30% crude protein with plenty of energy. Can't see anything else doing anything more than cutting into his already very limited budget.

Latest posts