FEED RECIPE FOR SHOW STEER

Help Support CattleToday:

jacobychild

Reaction score
My child has two steers (one red/white shorthorn and one American Angus) that he/we will be attempting to raise and show for his FFA projects - first time.

Does anyone know a good feed recipe or place to buy in bulk? We are in Texas and would like to get them up to show standards quickly. I'm not sure how hold they are, but they are not a year old yet, I don't think. We've had them about 2months (I guess I'll need to get the paperwork details). They weigh around 540lbs.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments. We need as much help as possible. :lol:

Not knowing exactly where you live or the feeds available in your area, I would suggest ACCO Showmaster, Purina Show Chow, or Evergreen's show feed (can't remember the exact name right now). If you need help with links to find dealers, just let me know.

jacobychild":1pyjae0d said:
My child has two steers (one red/white shorthorn and one American Angus) that he/we will be attempting to raise and show for his FFA projects - first time.

Does anyone know a good feed recipe or place to buy in bulk? We are in Texas and would like to get them up to show standards quickly. I'm not sure how hold they are, but they are not a year old yet, I don't think. We've had them about 2months (I guess I'll need to get the paperwork details). They weigh around 540lbs.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments. We need as much help as possible. :lol:

I would suggest you post your question on the 'Show Board', as it will get you better results.

thats pretty good advice to post it on the show boards, but ill still help you

my father is a beef 4-h leader, and he recomends (as do i) that you give half showtime feed (im not sure of the whole company name and stuff) and half rolled corn.

what are you feeding now?

Latest posts