Feds seize cattle from a Nevada ranch

Help Support CattleToday:

http://im41.com/archives/49357
(Darin Bushman – Piute County Commissioner) I was just told by commissioner Collins of Clark County NV that all of us folks from Utah are a bunch of "inbred bastards" and if we are coming to Clark Cointy NV to support Cliven Bundy we all "better have funeral plans". We should "turn our asses around on mind our own f-ing business". Now there's some classy leadership for you…

i have been following this to a certain extent. and from what i gather its the government using what ever they need to .. to bully this man and his family off the land. typical.. government wants it they will get by any means necessary.. only difference is now we have global people watching.. thanks to the internet... I will NOT pretend to understand all of this because I am not now nor have i ever been in the cattle business.. nor a land owner. BUT I have seen the government come in and take peoples houses out from under them because they wanted the land for what ever some business man said he would use it for.. more businesses, apartments... w/e ... people that were in a home that was paid off 50 years ago get forced out.. thats wrong... and imho this too... fine he doesnt own the land ..but obviously he had grazing rights up until he stopped paying? and as someone said 16 yrs later NOW they care about the tortoise? b/s... more smoke screens... i hope that the Bundy's win and what happens to the cattle that were seized? Are they being held hostage or for ransom? I mean seriously.. they didnt get all the cattle..yet.. less than half so far. also imho i'd see if i couldn't file a lawsuit against FBL for 10xs more that what is owed... find a lawyer with the courage to fight them.. its all crazy and just big brother bubba showing how powerful he is . :(

Did I understand correctly that the feds had hired some people to round up the 500 head at a cost of $1,000,000?

What the Gov't wants. the Gov't takes....uh....gets.

Just ask the folks who lived, and whose families used to live, in what is now Shenandoah National Park.

We can see parts of the park from our farm. About 3/4 of a mile from our place is a former "re-settlement" facility as well as the foundations (from cabins) of former re-settlement 'houses'.

I realize that what I have posted above isn't the same thing as the Bundy issue, but I use it to illustrate my point that the gubmint takes what it wants. And from what I can see, Harry Reid's son wants it so he and his Chinese cronies can use it for 'solar power'.

Katherine

Yeah, it takes what it wants and the sad thing is we pay them to take it from us. I don't think this is what the founding father's had in mind.

Jogeephus":2ifxydle said:
Did I understand correctly that the feds had hired some people to round up the 500 head at a cost of $1,000,000?

Wild scrub cattle scattered out over 600000 acres of rock and cactus.
It may not be enough ;-)

Just saw a headline that they are releasing the 400 head they had gathered

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow ... 9016.story

Fearing for their safety as armed protesters gathered in the Nevada back country, federal officials on Saturday suddenly ended a controversial effort to seize hundreds of cattle that a rancher has kept illegally on public land.

The cattle ranch's owner, Cliven Bundy, and hundreds of armed supporters had threatened to forcefully keep Bureau of Land Management employees from rounding up the approximately 900 cattle. Nearly 400 of the cattle had been seized during the past week. They were being held nearby and could be sent to Utah, authorities said.

In a meeting Saturday, Bundy urged Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie to seize the federal officials' weapons and bring them back to the rancher. The demand coincided with the sheriff, who's sought to avoid bloodshed, reading a news release from the BLM to a jubilant crowd gathered near Bundy's ranch.

"Based on information about conditions on the ground, and in consultation with law enforcement, we have made a decision to conclude the cattle gather because of our serious concern about the safety of employees and members of the public," BLM Director Neil Kornze said. He asked that everyone in the area remain peaceful as officials work to shut down the operation

Translation:
"We wuz skeered".

Latest posts