federal inspection

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
Got word last week that the federal milk inspectors were going to be around today or tomorrow. Spent alot of time getting the barn cleaned up, things fixed, last week we had the drains clog up, what a nightmare that was. Only problem with them coming is, it is a random draw, may or may not get it, and won't know they were even here, until after the state inspector drops by again with the results. Stress stress!

GMN

I'm inspected about every 2 month by the state, it varies, the inspector I have now likes every 2 months, where the other one goes right at every 3 months.

GMN

when we was milking our inspector would say when the federal man might be with him.but when he came back the next time he never gave us the federal inspector score of our barn.he just left his reg inspection sheet.

We have the USDA inspectors stop by every 4-6 months. Best of luck on that inspection. ;-)

they would yank your health department permitt.an you would have to dump your milk.an fix all the problems that got your permitt yanked an then they would check you again an if all the problems where corrected theyed grade you back on.an your milk company can start picking your milk up.

I've been asked before, and I really have no clue when the inspector comes to where I work. Place stays clean no matter what. :)

born2run":31eex1n2 said:
I've been asked before, and I really have no clue when the inspector comes to where I work. Place stays clean no matter what. :)
That's the way it's supposed to be. :lol:

GMN":14updbpj said:
Got word last week that the federal milk inspectors were going to be around today or tomorrow. Spent alot of time getting the barn cleaned up, things fixed, last week we had the drains clog up, what a nightmare that was. Only problem with them coming is, it is a random draw, may or may not get it, and won't know they were even here, until after the state inspector drops by again with the results. Stress stress!

GMN

Do you supply Mayfield?

They arrived last Tuesday, have no idea what they looked at, have to wait and see. How it works is that they go by certain criteria, different barns, different pipelines, they put everyone together, and random draw, so they say, seems I get federal inspected every 2 years. Its more for the federal to check up on the state inspectors, see if they are doing their jobs. I think everyone has to score a 90 or above, to pass. never had it where anyone didn't pass so don't even want to think about that.

GMN

Latest posts