Fay

Help Support CattleToday:

Since my last post, about 23 hours ago, we have gotten another 1 3/4" of rain which brings our total to just under 5" for the total from FAY. We had a couple of hard showers earlier this morning when the Tornado warning scirens were going off, but mostly had a great slow steady light rain. And, it's still raining.

I can not tell you how long it been since we have had an all day rain.

This will be the last update on FAY. Over night we got another 1.8" of rain. This brings the total to 6.65" since Friday morning. Very little water is standing to the fields. Mostly a good slow soaking rain.

This should help get us back to close to the average rainfall for this year. We are however still wayyyyyy behind when you consider the drought in the last couple of years.

We are getting rain this morning, the tail end of Fay. First rain we have had in a couple of weeks, nice and easy the kind that does the most good. I got most of my second cutting up during the two week dry spell. Tractors and equipment running up and down the road about to run over each other. :banana: :wave:
Fred

I just saw the official total for my area this morning. We got 21 inches.

I sure hope the one that is about to be named Hanna will not dump more rain on us. Some poor folks down here still have 12 inches of water in their homes.

We got 4.5 to 5.5 inches.

We are only down about 10" now this year. Creek is running at home again.

Looks like I'll feed only 10 rolls of hay this week instead of 15. Going to need some more to keep a little green color in the grass. Temps are hitting in the mid 90's again.

With the 4in we got last week our coastal pastures are green green green,and have grown about 3in.
And i'm even gonna have tyo get out the mower this weekend.Last time I mowed the yard was weekend after 4th of july.

Love it. Cal