Fay

Help Support CattleToday:

We are getting hammered right now by the wind. I hate to even think of what the pecans and the fences are going to look like tomorrow. Rain is a steady drizzle falling horizontal to the ground. I still have power! Amazing.

My folks always said it will take a heck of a storm to end a drought maybe this is the end of your drought. I hope you ride out the storm and it is the end of your drought. Good Luck. JLP

I sure hope this ends our drought cycle. I don't know if this is right or not but it seems to me our weather is depenent on the humidity rising into the air from transpiration. This high humidity builds showers in the afternoon. Without water in the ground our humidity is low and we do not get the showers to continue the cycle. This summer seemed cool to me cause our humidity was lower than normal.

I tired of the drought.

It's 7am here and we are getting 13 mph winds. Once band came thru and dropped just enough sprinkles to show up on the hood of the truck. :( :( :( :(

3 inches so far. undergoing a duckdrowner as we speak. some limbs down but its been mostly dead pecan limbs so far, no big deal..

9 hours since my previous post and it has been drizzling most of the day. We are just over 1/10th" of an inch. I'm thankful for anything and hopeful for more.

Civil Service sirens are blowing as I type. Big commotion somewhere to the west of me. Radar shows a heavy band to my west and south of me. I can hear the rumbling of thunder but it is long and drawn out. I hope that's not a tornado I'm hearing. Don't know but its pretty eerie right now. Band of red is coming up from the south and the rain is picking up more than its done all day. This will be the end of the storm when this passes through but I think Fay is fixing to show her stuff.

I knew the wind was going to leave me some presents. This tree fell square on a fence post and drove it in the ground. If that wasn't good enough, the bottom wire was pushed into the ground about a foot and I had to dig it out. Of course if that was good enough, there was a fire ant mound right where I had to dig. I love wind.

IMG_2598.jpg

Got another inch since i checked in earlier. so 4+ and its been raining steadily since i checked the gauge. there was a tornado warning somewhere north and west of here but the cows did their crazy 3mile tornado stampede from diagonal ends of the farm anyway. Sunny the weatherdog is a nervous wreck.

Latest i heard on Fay was she was going to turn up and come right back at us.. might be a good year for the creek fish to rebuild. (all 5 of them)

Its still raining here too. I think it will end by midnight. Slow and steady. Ground is really soaking it up. Considering the amount there are very few puddles.

Wound up with 4.1". No wind damage. Now there's 70%, 60%, and 50% chance of rain the next three days. Shaping up good going into the Fall.

I ended up getting 5 inches in one gauge, 6 in another and 10 in another. Amazing how a few miles can make a difference. Its flooding now. This one here is a downpour and definitely is going to add another inch to the gauges.

Saturday night we got a good rain. I checked the guage this moring before church and saw that we had 3" overnight.

The rain is nice but so is 2 cloudy days of August where the temp hovered around the 78 degree mark.

wound up with 5.5 inches. rained off and on all day as opposed to nonstop like the two days before.

Just got back from the Sunshine State. Saw more rain in three days than I have in three months. Had a good time anyway.

Beefy":37lku896 said:
shes baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Yep. We got a good downpour last night, a shower this morning and then another good one this afternoon. What's amazing to me is how we got all this rain and there are so few puddles. I guess it all just got soaked up.