Favorite restaurant (mine is Chick-Fil-A)

Help Support CattleToday:

I hear most people saying that when figuring their cattle operation you must also figure in your time. Would this be true in figuring the difference in meals in-house and out? I figure my time should be worth at least $10 an hour. Figure it takes an 45 minutes to prepare a meal and 30 minutes for an average clean up. Tack on an extra $12.50. Is your eating out meal still more expensive?

slick4591":183v3lvc said:
I hear most people saying that when figuring their cattle operation you must also figure in your time. Would this be true in figuring the difference in meals in-house and out? I figure my time should be worth at least $10 an hour. Figure it takes an 45 minutes to prepare a meal and 30 minutes for an average clean up. Tack on an extra $12.50. Is your eating out meal still more expensive?

You raise a good point. Electricity figures in it to, as well as the throwing away of leftovers.

slick4591":2i0apq4k said:

If you are figuring your time then you have to figure the time it took to drive to and from the restaurant and the time spent waiting for your food to be served. Plus there is the fuel and wear and tear on your vehicle. All those cost go on top of the actual cost of the meal when eating out.

Dave":yf8swik8 said:
slick4591":yf8swik8 said:

If you are figuring your time then you have to figure the time it took to drive to and from the restaurant and the time spent waiting for your food to be served. Plus there is the fuel and wear and tear on your vehicle. All those cost go on top of the actual cost of the meal when eating out.

Same as to the store to buy your food, right? Being a former restaurant owner I find it funny that people think eating out is expensive when it's not always that way.

slick4591":1sju3afo said:
Dave":1sju3afo said:
slick4591":1sju3afo said:

Same as to the store to buy your food, right? Being a former restaurant owner I find it funny that people think eating out is expensive when it's not always that way.

I rarely go to the store more than once a week. I am fond of eating more often than that. But I do agree I have seen people at the store who are obviously buying dinner for that night on their way home from work. I know what I spend on groceries. I couldn't eat out for 3 days on what I spend on groceries for a week.

Bigfoot":21tabxc5 said:
slick4591":21tabxc5 said:

You raise a good point. Electricity figures in it to, as well as the throwing away of leftovers.

You throw away leftovers? As long as it is the same color when I take it out of the fridge as it was when I put it in it gets eaten.

As long as it is the same color when I take it out of the fridge as it was when I put it in it gets eaten.

I tend to view that green color as just some exotic type of veggies and veggies are supposed to be good for ya--and it's all natural--probably certifiable too--so that'll make Jogeephus happy.

Latest posts