Favorite Lines

Help Support CattleToday:

The more you stir it the more it stinks..........my Dad

Some posters on here should remember and heed

This is no line but, man I feel like I'm getting older, I have no idea where a lot of the lines posted come from! :shock: And my wife will freely tell you I watch way too much TV while sitting in my recliner in my under...... Never mind TMI.

"I'm your huckleberry." Doc Holliday

"If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions." Jules from Pulp Fiction

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." Verbal Kint from The Usual Suspects

Alan":17aam3jo said:
This is no line but, man I feel like I'm getting older, I have no idea where a lot of the lines posted come from! :shock: And my wife will freely tell you I watch way too much TV while sitting in my recliner in my under...... Never mind TMI.
The line I quoted was spoken by the Nicolas Cage character in Raising Arizona.

talltimber":w25cgl28 said:
"This here is Rocky...and he ain't no puppy" - Joe Dirt

There are so many of them, just in Joe Dirt alone.
There's going to be a Joe Dirt 2......hope it doesnt disappoint...

Planes Trains and Automobiles:

Waking up after sharing the same bed in the motel

Neal: Del... Why did you kiss my ear?
Del: Why are you holding my hand?
Neal: [frowns] where's your other hand?
Del: Between two pillows...
Neal: Those aren't pillows!

Also from Planes Trains and Automobiles:

Larry Bird doesn't do as much ball-handling in one night as you do in an hour!

Cowboy philosophy from an often forgotten performance by the Great Charlton Heston in the movie Will Penny:

Will Penny: That's always the way, ain't it?

Alex: What's always the way?

Will Penny: Let a man die, right away he's "good, old Claude". How was he "before" he bucked out?

Anyone seen the movie Breaker Morant? Based on a true story of three Australians who fought on the British side in the Boer Wars of South Africa. The Boers were the essence of guerrilla warriors. It got "nasty" and three Australian soldiers were put to the firing squad by the empire to appease those upset with their war tactics. One of history's noteworthy miscarriages of justice. These are the words of Breaker Morant, a man who broke horses:

Sentry: Do you want the padre?

Harry Morant: No, thank you. I'm a pagan.

Sentry: And you?

Peter Handcock: What's a pagan?

Harry Morant: Well... it's somebody who doesn't believe there's a divine being dispensing justice to mankind.

Peter Handcock: I'm a pagan, too.

Harry Morant: There is an epitaph I'd like: Matthew 10:36. Well, Peter... this is what comes of 'empire building.'

Major Thomas: Matthew 10:36?

Minister: "And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."

Dusty Wyatt Chandler: I guess I see what you're saying.
Ernest Tucker: You GUESS? NEVER guess. I mean, you gotta KNOW what you're doing! Otherwise, you leave yourself wide open to suggestion. And that, to my mind is the problem with this whole damn country.
[pounds on table]
Ernest Tucker: Everybody's open to suggestion! Hmph!
[gets up and puts his hat on]
Ernest Tucker: Well, you comin', or you just gonna sit there?

Pure Country

bball":metbe6rb said:

That was around a long time before Holliday. The first time most of us heard it was in the movie Tombstone, so it stuck. Google it.

backhoeboogie":1l5am22z said:
bball":1l5am22z said:

That was around a long time before Holliday. The first time most of us heard it was in the movie Tombstone, so it stuck. Google it.

I was actually referencing it's use in Tombstone, sorry shoulda put it, took for granted everyone would know..I'd never heard it anywhere but in the movie.. thanks

Got a couple.

If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some considerable influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

No matter important you think you are. You can't stop water from running downhill.

Latest posts