Favorite Game

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty

Reaction score
Whats evryones favorite wild gaem to eat. Just finished my first Elk. Great flavor. Had it chickenfried.

Scotty

J&T Farm":3p3d0hcn said:
bear and coon is pretty good but u have to be tough to eat it.

I'm almost afraid to ask 'why?', but my curiosity got the better of me so why?

msscamp":3jq2mz6t said:
J&T Farm":3jq2mz6t said:

Bear meat is great.Coon tastes good barbecued with some KC Masterpiece during the last 20 minutes.Groundhog is good in a Crock Pot.One of my favorite is Wild Turkey Breasts deep fried.Venison is fine, as long as It's cooked right. We always put a couple in the freezer every year, the rest goes to Hunter's for the Hungry.

CKC1586":1zixsq15 said:
Venison. Yum. Bow season going on here now.

I have some Michigan bow hunters on the farm here now. Will you call them and tell them to get their behinds home, PLEASE

msscamp":1uo2cf28 said:
J&T Farm":1uo2cf28 said:

well its a little stringy and alot greasy but taste pretty good.youve got to like that sure enuf wild flavor.

J&T Farm":31qtgjjd said:
msscamp":31qtgjjd said:
J&T Farm":31qtgjjd said:

well its a little stringy and alot greasy but taste pretty good.youve got to like that sure enuf wild flavor.

Ok, thanks!

Venison is #1, as long as its handled right and not dried out. Rabbits are good too. Need lots of recipies though or it gets tiring.

certherfbeef":39ah183i said:
CKC1586":39ah183i said:
Venison. Yum. Bow season going on here now.

I have some Michigan bow hunters on the farm here now. Will you call them and tell them to get their behinds home, PLEASE

Sure, they need to get back here and thin out the herds!!! My nephew hit two with his new truck last weekend. They really need to expand the seasons here.

i like fried quail the best. deer meat and hog is good too. duck if prepared right.

I have several favorites. Fried Alligator tail, Venison, Duck, Dove,
Crab, Shrimp, Oyster, Crawfish and several others.

fish, oysters, crab and lobsters if that counts too. dont really like dove. not a big dark meat fan.

Elk, of course when you shoot an elk every year and you're single you had better like it because you have to eat a lot of it. Razor clams or any fresh seafood. Fresh is the key with seafood. Oysters on a campfire on the beach. I had king crab one time on the beach in Alaska. Fresh out of the crab pot into the cooking pot and washed down with a cold beer. A hundred times better than any crab I have eaten in a restraunt.
Dave

farmer rich":gig8c3di said:
Crowderfarms":gig8c3di said:
farmer rich":gig8c3di said:
Partridge is #1 for me.
Guess it tastes along the lines of Pheasant?

No, totally different, more like quail, but theres more of it.
Second choice for me would be duck or .
I thought snipe only existed in alabama mythology :cboy:

Latest posts