Favorite Game

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":1a449raz said:
I am wondering about cowgirl580. She listed her #4 favorite game as chicken? Are the chickens in your neighborhood wild enough to be considered game? I have seen some banties that you had to shot to catch but I never considered them game.
Dave

guess i didn't think about it when i wrote it. i was just thinking meat. how about i change it to turkey? that's considered game right? you have to race the others to the freezer section to get the biggest and best turkey. ;-) :)

ctlbaron - naugahide has really gone out of style ya know ;-)

I was raised on venison, quail, dove, squirrel, rabbit, ect. Still today about all we eat is venison and hog. We've got some elk and bison in the freezer too. When I went to Alaska I couldn't get over the fresh seafood, like Dave said, we ate shrimp right on the boat, had fresh crab out of the pots and fresh halibut, snapper, lingcod, and salmon - YUM!

I've tried aligator but it was too chewy, and rattlesnake tastes just like chicken. Never had coon - never will. Missed my bear, so I didn't get to try that yet either.

I guess my favorite would be flesh. Doesn;t much matter if it's from a bird, mammal, fish, amphibian, whatever.

dun

Crowderfarms":4gcy2h47 said:
msscamp":4gcy2h47 said:
J&T Farm":4gcy2h47 said:
bear and coon is pretty good but u have to be tough to eat it.

I'm almost afraid to ask 'why?', but my curiosity got the better of me so why?
Bear meat is great.Coon tastes good barbecued with some KC Masterpiece during the last 20 minutes.Groundhog is good in a Crock Pot.One of my favorite is Wild Turkey Breasts deep fried.Venison is fine, as long as It's cooked right. We always put a couple in the freezer every year, the rest goes to Hunter's for the Hungry.

I agree about the bbq coon, its really good that way. Beaver is actually really good bbq as well.

ctlbaron":31c58qdt said:
I wondered if anybody was gonna catch that Sidney. :lol:

Now it's just called vinyl, as far as I can tell it's the same stuff

dun

Susie David":wco17o1r said:
Moose...has a flavor that can't be described. Unbeleavablly good, almost sweet. Hard to come by but worth the effort.
DMc
Moose is one of the best most flavorful meats that I have ever eaten. Only had it once, but worth kicking your grandma for more. That stuff is tender and delicious. I can't brag enough about it.

My dad used to always make naugahide jokes so I caught it right on.

I think I would have to be nearly dead with nothing near me but $hit and a possum, and I still might choose the $hit over the possum :lol:

I don't think I'd care much for possum either. Only one thing I can think of that would be harder to eat, and that would be a cat. They lay in the road until totally evaporated by traffic. Anything a buzzard or a possum won't eat I don't want either. :x

ALACOWMAN":26yht1ev said:
I know some of you hill folk have had some good ole possum & sweet taters.come on crowder its time to fess up :cboy:
If you promise NOT to tell anybody. I tried it once. Greasier than a spoon at a backroad truckstop. :shock: