Fats on the rise...

Help Support CattleToday:

Joe and his family run a very good sale with good aggressive buyers. I like selling the tailenders and stags there he has a good market for both. It is also fun to watch the amish or whoever they are with their horses and buggies. I can't imagine how tired those horses must be when they get to the top of the hill by the John Deere Shop.

I don't know the family, but I do like going there. Everyone I have ever run into has been super nice. I agree about their buyers...this is the best place around for my small #'s.

Are you kidding me? I don't think I could walk up that hill!!

:D

Michele

somn":oz02h3lp said:
Joe and his family run a very good sale with good aggressive buyers. I like selling the tailenders and stags there he has a good market for both. It is also fun to watch the amish or whoever they are with their horses and buggies. I can't imagine how tired those horses must be when they get to the top of the hill by the John Deere Shop.

I have heard of central MN folks trucking feeders to Lansboro or to SD. Any comments on those two markets?

Stocker Steve":33n39040 said:
somn":33n39040 said:

I have heard of central MN folks trucking feeders to Lansboro or to SD. Any comments on those two markets?

I can't comment on SD, but when I sell fats (colored), I rather go to the Wed auction at Lanesboro then the Mon at Zumbrota... horse a piece distance for me. Lanesboro is always a couple cents more. Honestly, I have never been disappointed with them.

I'm pretty sure if you get somn to answer you he'll have a lot more information. He probably sells way more than I have ever thought about.

Michele

I bought some registered angus heifers at lanesboro sales barn on Feb 17. The people working seemed to have great personalites and they did excellent jobs with the animals. I thought they were a great salebarn.

Stocker Steve":37btl13s said:
somn":37btl13s said:

I've seen calves run thru the ring at Lanesboro from as far north as Pierz. They have very strong bidding on the green taggers. I believe the calf prices may be a dollar or two higher at South Dakota auctions when comparing identical calves. Reason being most calves at SD auctions are 50,000 lb loads and they are reputation cattle. Lanesboro runs smaller groups of reputation cattle. The big boys don't like to put loads together if they don't have to.

Latest posts