Fathers

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Happy father's day to all of the fathers on this board. Also give the women some credit for without them there would be no fathers and vice versa.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
JMJ Farms said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
I gotta go to the cemetery.

Still have mine. Dread the day I don't if he goes first. One day we will all go and stay. I know you miss him. I can't imagine

It's weird. I still pick up my phone to call him. He's only been gone a year and a half.
I can relate to that part kind of. Do the same with my granddaddy and my FIL. They've both been gone about 2 years. It gets better for me but I think about them every single day.

Subject: Unchanging Hands

Went to see Dad today.

The day didn't seem as bright.

An old man knelt by the grave of his childhood guiding light.

It is becoming hard to see as I visited with my hero and friend.

I struggle to stand, as I thank God for the man he let hold my hand.

Another year has come and gone.

I cling to things that are eternal.

Dad I'm holding to God's unchanging hand.

Happy Fathers Day.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
JMJ Farms said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
I gotta go to the cemetery.

Still have mine. Dread the day I don't if he goes first. One day we will all go and stay. I know you miss him. I can't imagine

It's weird. I still pick up my phone to call him. He's only been gone a year and a half.

It is tough, mine died on Father's Day 3 years ago and that is why I am here.

sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
JMJ Farms said:

It's still tough after 18 years,lost dad night of June 6 and mom night of July 7.

Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

It's still tough after 18 years,lost dad night of June 6 and mom night of July 7.

14 for me. . . and yes, it's still tough.

Latest posts