Fathers Day

Help Support CattleToday:

Sometimes I realize that I failed at the most important job I have ever had and today is just a reminder.

We went to the fil's today, mines been passed for almost 25 yrs. He's been good to me and we've had a few adventures, got into stockers after he sold his mommas, he's 87, and dang if I didn't have to go through 115 calves to weed out 6 dang bulls and doctor one for foot rot! All in all a great day though, made the ole guy go sit in the shade finally. Ole feller ain't never gonna quit, been brushogging the last couple weeks.

Red Bull Breeder said:
tom4018 said:
Sometimes I realize that I failed at the most important job I have ever had and today is just a reminder.

That would make for a sad day Tom.
That was a part of my day too, but I'd rather not focus on it.

I popped out of bed, made a nice breakfast for everyone, took my kids to church. My girlfriend and I spent the day messing with the kids either playing with the horse or fishing and stuff like that and we traded off with each kid so everyone got quality time together. I dropped my girlfriend off at the airport and hurried home to make a nice dinner for my kids.
My daughter told me "happy father's day" this morning but I didn't care to much about that. It meant a lot more to hear "thanks dad" a couple of times today.

Caustic Burno said:
Hope all you Dads, Grandpa's and great Grandpa's have a great day with families.

As usual I am a day late and a dollar short - but backatchya'

I did and we did.

Mom's memorial on Saturday with friends and family - and then all of us - from a Great Grandad - three Grandads and down to a couple of Dad's sat down to a nice barbecue with the entire family along with a pile of friends and neighbours.

Be safe and enjoy the day.

Latest posts