Fat as a pig?

Help Support CattleToday:

John in WI":3gntwdck said:
A few days ago, I posted a question about a prolapsing cow. She's due with her 3rd calf on 4/23. One of the comments stated she was "as fat as a pig".
Take a look. I'd like to know if she is, and a group consensus would mean a lot to me.

http://cattletoday.com/photos/showgalle ... puser=3507

Looking at the feild behind her,no,not" as fat as a pig " I say she is just real easy fleshing.I mean yes, she is fat but on a condition scale of 1 being bad and 9 being WAY TO FAT, she is a 8 or even a 7..i wouldn't put her on a diet or anything. after all she is 8+ monthes bred.. take some pictures after she calves, and then post them.

id say she pretty much is the idea weight for calving. because when she calves she will drop weight especialy if shes a good milker. and you want her to maintain both her condition and milk . plus breed back on time... shes fine

that is just good condition for a cow about to calve, everyone should strive to get their cows in that condition as soon after weaning as possible and keep them that way till they calve

I should have brought it up in the other thread but the (im)poster who said she was fat has been turfed from the boards before under another name, or so I believe.

You can pretty much take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Claims to be certified, but I think he is just certifiable by a headshrinker.

LonghornRanch":2pxi81vw said:
I wish my cows looked like that coming out of winter.

fer real!!!!! If that was my cow I would be proud that she stayed that way all through winter and is bred!! That condition will put her in ideal shape when she is nurseing. But i would still feed her the same way any nurseing cow.

Latest posts