Fast food workers

Help Support CattleToday:

Raising the minimum wage does not bring those people up, it devalues those people who are now working for what becomes the new minimum wage. If you are worth $15 an hour go find a job that will hire you and pay you that much.

The chain reaction would be devastating, as a small business owner I pay above minimum wage but below $15 per hour. Our staff learns they can get $15 per hour to flip burgers, my payroll goes way up, my payroll taxes (social security, med, shared payments) go up. My prices go way up, my clientele goes way down ...... I lose my business and my house and I try to get a job flipping burgers ....... Or living off of welfare. :mad: :mad:

Brute 23":2zbaroek said:
These people don't understand that they are not winning. They throw a fit for $15 an hour. The store raises the cost of a hamburger. Now Im buying a more expensive hamburger. Realize the cost of things has gone up so I raise the cost on my business which produces a product the fast food worker buys so now because he got a raise he also will pay more for the product he buys from me. They accomplished nothing.

They don't realize its not a dollars issue. You have to decide where in the market you are going to be on. People who sell the product or service have better control of what they make in the market than the person saying Welcome to McDonald's.

It is great for the government. If they could triple everyone's wages, we'd all be in higher to the highest tax brackets.

I remember when a $30,000 salary was living high on the hog. Tax brackets were low. Now you can qualify for the federal poverty limit guidelines.

When was the last time you could buy a brand new loaded pick-up for less than $6,000?

Inflation is good for the government. Look at it from a national debt perspective.

Sunfish":2e9fx2kk said:
True enough the lunch meat probably has enough sodium nitrates to embalm me but at least I don't get the shits

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :clap: :clap: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

As for slowing them down by preparing their own meals, I agree with that concept, but I'm afraid that many of those folks would need to be taught how to do it in a healthy manner, but they wouldn't want to.

Along those lines (off topic for a moment) years ago a SIL wanted to 'lose weight', and she tried "Slim Fast" ----------- she gained 5 lbs the first week and complained to me about it and couldn't understand how that happened because you're supposed to LOSE 5 lbs in the 1st week. I aksed her just exactly what was she doing and how was she using the product. She told me that she was drinking the shakes ------ 1 with her breakfast, 1 with her lunch, 1 with her dinner--- :eek: I told her no, no, no -----the shakes are instead of the meals. her reply .... "oh I can't do that!" :lol2:

backhoeboogie":1kmo4gfp said:
It is great for the government. If they could triple everyone's wages, we'd all be in higher to the highest tax brackets.

I remember when a $30,000 salary was living high on the hog.

Inflation is good for the government.

You hit it right!
Its like a dog chasing its tail, round and round it goes, when will it stop ----- nobody knows.

Alan":2pfb5rrq said:
The chain reaction would be devastating, as a small business owner I pay above minimum wage but below $15 per hour. Our staff learns they can get $15 per hour to flip burgers, my payroll goes way up, my payroll taxes (social security, med, shared payments) go up. My prices go way up, my clientele goes way down ...... I lose my business and my house and I try to get a job flipping burgers ....... Or living off of welfare. :mad: :mad:

Alan don't worry I will supply you with radishes for you gov't cheese samiches.

skyhightree1":1ri74c76 said:
Alan":1ri74c76 said:

This thread was making me hungry ..... so I made some grilled cheese sandwiches out of outdated dinner rolls and cheddar cheese. :idea:

Didn't have any radishes, so I cut up some onion to put on them. :nod:

John SD":2x6nivxi said:
skyhightree1":2x6nivxi said:
Alan":2x6nivxi said:

This thread was making me hungry ..... so I made some grilled cheese sandwiches out of outdated dinner rolls and cheddar cheese. :idea:

Didn't have any radishes, so I cut up some onion to put on them. :nod:

:lol2: hey outdated rolls with mold on you get the best of both worlds a filler and a dose of penecillin :lol2:

If fast food goes to 15 an hour all of a sudden there will be some stiff competition for those jobs and the folks currently in those positions will lose them to better qualified, harder working, smarter people. They will go from 8 bucks per hour to 15 then to zero.

Must be lowering their standards. Last year they said they needed $20 a hour to life off of.

Or is it inflation is going down?

Man I hope they do not get the raise. After all the burger joints are going to have to raise their prices to pay for the high prices to buy the beef from the high price cows that we are selling. To survive the workers need to get three more minimum wage jobs.

Times have changed over the years, fast food workers and grocery food carriers were high school or college kids making spending or when they got out off school it was their first job as a stepping stone to more higher paying jobs, now it seems it is a career with the workers wanting all the benefits of a professional worker.

This whole issue is drummed up to solicit emotional support for Democrats who are for the little guy. Some people are so stupid.

cowboy43":2u1xninb said:
Times have changed over the years, fast food workers and grocery food carriers were high school or college kids making spending or when they got out off school it was their first job as a stepping stone to more higher paying jobs, now it seems it is a career with the workers wanting all the benefits of a professional worker.
That's exactly what a minimum was should be for....a starting salary.....not something that will encourage you to want to make a career out of the job.

I do not work in fast food but I have been doing the same job, different employers for 27 years , and still make less than 8 dollars an hour, and only get part time work ,15 hrs a week , use to get 20 , but when min wage went up last time I was making a little over min and my wage went up to min , and hours dropped so I make less money now than I did before, they just cut people back on hrs and hire some one else cheaper to cover , it has been that way for many years, but I am glad I at least have a job , and lucky I do not have to depend on it as I have other income luckily , and I get no government assistance Suzanne

Latest posts