Farming Degrees!?

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
Do any ya'll have any kinda Farming & Horticulture Degrees? Agriculture Degree?! Do you know of any on-line Farming degrees!? I been reading where people have them, but I can't find where you get them on-line. More so than the degree I think I want to learn about cows. :lol: Okay I think I am became some weird farmer girl! :cry2: :tiphat:

cross_7":36tha0ni said:
http://www.grahamschool.com/

Well that made me spit some coffee. I thought you were recommending a Grammar School to her! Can't imagine why?

Many years ago I went to the U. of Illinois and majored in Dairy Science but, alas, my life took a different turn and I never finished. I am, however, a GURU on Cattle Today. When I mentioned that at my last job interview the HR person laughed a lot, so I guess that must be good. :p

:lol: Haha! Some ya'll don't play very nice! No excuses for my ghetto-hood-country accent-ebonics, honestly just the way I talk. Don't hate! :)

Thanks for your suggestion. OMG! "Texas Christian University Junior applicants formally applying to the Ranch Management Program are required to have maintained a 2.6 overall GPA and should have sufficient working experience in agriculture to understand the nature of the industry." Dayum you think they let catholic girls with tall socks and a -0.02 GPA in their skool!? :lol: OMG! I have this problem something about going to skool.... they don't just let me show up and look pretty. They want me to do class work and homework and :bs: ! OOOOH MY! I tried to go to skool a while back I had a panic attack in class! :oops: AND it was more fun to go ride my dirt bike on sunny days than go sit in the classroom! WTF was the teacher thinking!? :???: Hey are there any on-line classes?! I like that Graham it looks GOOD! Woohoo! I don't like the look of that birthing stuff! Oooh my! My husband better handle that! I gota weak stomach! I tried to shot our calf, she wasn't gunna make it. Well.....I missed... :nod: Get real I didn't miss from a foot away on purpose! DUH! :secret: Don't tell my o' man he thinks I just didn't have the guts to do it! Ha!

Naw, manne'! I was born and raised Western KY. For real! :) I grew up on the lake out in the country, my husband and I hood-up in 2006 and we moved to a different county out in the country. THANK GOD! :p
2011044.jpg

I don't know about on-line degrees. If you can't do classroom, maybe set your sights on a farm job locally to gain experience.
I've done the degree thing, can tell you I cut my education way short of where my tutors wanted me to be because I couldn't stand classroom and nearly everything useful I know I learned on the job or by reading. Access to a university library was the best part, all those agricultural journals.

a good way of getting info in your area is to contact your county extension agent they will help with any problems or questions you have. the greatest help and advise i have received is from the farmers that have been doing this for 40-50 years. best people on earth.

Thanks. That reminds me I am supposed to call them about burying my calf. :frowns:

Latest posts