Farm Sale Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

cattle60

Reaction score
Auction sale: some cow/calve pairs at a Estate farm sale. Closed herd blk cows pairs, oldest about 7, most three and four, brought 3300 pairs to 3800 for 3n1s.

cattle60":2uroelzg said:
Auction sale: some cow/calve pairs at a Estate farm sale. Closed herd blk cows pairs, oldest about 7, most three and four, brought 3300 pairs to 3800 for 3n1s.

Wow, those are some dang good prices. I saw you posted something about Farmington in another thread, was this there? I went to Cuba a couple of weeks ago when they sold nearly 600 head from one family. That whole sale averaged a little over $3100. The vast majority were confirmed bred back 3-n-1.

It was held on the farm down by Advance. They sold the whole farm, equipment, cattle, everything. Cattle advertised as being born and raised on the farm, said the man was a hard culler, cow didn't do good, cow didn't stay.

I was there. I had looked through them about a month prior. I didn't see anything too impressive, except what they went for. What surprised me about how they sold, was that in a group of say, three. One or two may be confirmed 3n1 and the other an open pair (or at least unconfirmed bred back). I know it's possible, probably even likely, but still aint IS. Not having an IS for 3000 ish plus, is too much of a gamble for me. Not bred, minus 800ish for the calf, sounds like a 2200 dollar kill cow value.
I heard the same story about the culling he did. This gentleman had passed away last year. There was some good cows in there I'm sure. Some were on the thin side, calves looked pretty good. I had heard he had bought some show me heifers when he first moved here. (religious group from Ohio or somewhere).
Open replacement heifers went for 1800ish. Not show stopping quality. Good heifers, sure.
We have something going on around here that I'm not sure is widespread, may very well be. It seems there are several around that are not trying to make money necessarily. Good kind of cows are rare, high prices, not so much. These cows may have been the real deal and a steal, idk, for the ones who bought them. I knew a couple of guys that bought some.

Latest posts