Farm Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

midtncattle

Reaction score
It was a nice day while feeding the other day and thought I would share a few pics. These are only the 2nd and 3rd bales I have feed this season.
iphone014.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

iphone026.jpg

It has been a very strange year here. I haven't fed much hay either but my cows are calving, there is grass but no flecks of green left in it. Normally I would be feeding hay full force by now but they just aren't too interested in hay or feed much right now. Yet they are fat as tics. If I had some water in the ponds I'd be on my way to the best year I've ever had.

It has been a weird year so far with the warmer weather.... Looks like our weather is finally starting to get colder.

Nice pictures, where are you located in TN?

What kind of bull you put on those girls? Also just being nosey what stock yard do you sell at? I slip down as far as cross plains buying sometimes.

Cows look good and lucky you on the hay. Been feeding 10-12 rolls a week since the middle of September. Ready for rain.

Last year's calves were off a registered horned hereford bull. I had good luck with the steer and selling the heifers private treaty ( they went to a poster on this board). This year a friend loaned me two strong registered charolais bulls. We will see how these calves work. I have a gert x char momma cow now that produces a big calf each year. My plans for next year will most likely be a horned hereford. I try to sale heifers private. I use the Hardin Co. sale barn. Thanks for commits on cows. I am in Wayne Co.

I bet the Hereford or char eithe one would make some nice calves on those cows.