Family problems what to do

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Long story short my sister has moved into my grandmothers house (very nice house but old). I have told my mother that she wouldn't keep things up and wont keep trash picked up but that doesnt seem to bother her. I watched my grandfather and grandmother work their whole life to have something nice and now my sister is tearing it all apart. You cant even walk through the living room. I have not said to much because it is not my place but if things continue I might blow up. Guess just go out and look at cows and be thankfull that something that my grandparents wanted is still around and dont worry about the other.

JHH

I'm not sure if its any of your business but its certainly none of mine. My dog and I will be standing over here :arrow:

Thats what my wife says to ( stay out of it) . Guess I will be checking cows more often and try not to think about it.

Not going to WORRY about it or let it bother me. New Years Resolution. :D :D

I need to be thankfull for what I have and what I have done.

JHH

JHH":12akhnj8 said:
Long story short my sister has moved into my grandmothers house (very nice house but old). I have told my mother that she wouldn't keep things up and wont keep trash picked up but that doesnt seem to bother her. I watched my grandfather and grandmother work their whole life to have something nice and now my sister is tearing it all apart. You cant even walk through the living room. I have not said to much because it is not my place but if things continue I might blow up. Guess just go out and look at cows and be thankfull that something that my grandparents wanted is still around and dont worry about the other. JHH

You might try a little compassion, acceptance, understanding and empathy for your sister - she is, after all, your sister. Your way isn't the only way, and how do you know your grandparents wouldn't approve? Did they tell you that? Perhaps they would have a little better insight and understanding than you do. Just my thoughts.

thats a good resolution. i have almost trained myself not to worry at night when i'm trying to go to sleep. i cant really explain how i do it but i just kind of space out and let my mind go blank. i know i'm about to fall asleep when i start having random visions that dont have anything to do with one another. For example: "Beach ball, brown rice, turquoise, Christmas cactus, mailbox, petunias, asphalt, cigarette, the letter G, barometer, candy corn, bandicoot, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

msscamp":3oqxpx6r said:
JHH":3oqxpx6r said:
Long story short my sister has moved into my grandmothers house (very nice house but old). I have told my mother that she wouldn't keep things up and wont keep trash picked up but that doesnt seem to bother her. I watched my grandfather and grandmother work their whole life to have something nice and now my sister is tearing it all apart. You cant even walk through the living room. I have not said to much because it is not my place but if things continue I might blow up. Guess just go out and look at cows and be thankfull that something that my grandparents wanted is still around and dont worry about the other. JHH

You might try a little compassion, acceptance, understanding and empathy for your sister - she is, after all, your sister. Your way isn't the only way, and how do you know your grandparents wouldn't approve? Did they tell you that? Perhaps they would have a little better insight and understanding than you do. Just my thoughts.

Your right , my way is'nt the only way but it works.

I know that they wouldn't approve of the mess or the trash outside, But those things can be resolved and I beleive I will stay out of it till something dramatic happens then we will see how things unfold. I only have one sister and life is to short to carry a grudge so I will stay out of it

( Talked myself into it) Going to try harder to understand her, Thanks msscamp for another veiw of things. JHH

JHH":3g1s4f22 said:
msscamp":3g1s4f22 said:
JHH":3g1s4f22 said:

Your right , my way is'nt the only way but it works.

I know that they wouldn't approve of the mess or the trash outside, But those things can be resolved and I beleive I will stay out of it till something dramatic happens then we will see how things unfold. I only have one sister and life is to short to carry a grudge so I will stay out of it

( Talked myself into it) Going to try harder to understand her, Thanks msscamp for another veiw of things. JHH

You are very welcome. An honest, non-judgemental attempt at communication might go quite a ways as well. Just a thought. Good luck and take care! :)

Beefy":1or9ven4 said:
I'm not sure if its any of your business but its certainly none of mine. My dog and I will be standing over here :arrow:
No dog in this hunt.

Family problems should be kept in the family not in the community and certainly not on the net. That being said it is your Grandparents property and they can do with it as they please. Stay out of it.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. Just trying to help.

My son always jokes {i hope} that when i get older his gonna put me in the nursing home & sell the farm.but he knows all the hard work that has been put in it.i would explan to her your feeling about how hard they worked and its a shame she dont appreciate it more..........and if that dont work kick her the he!! out ;-)

Your sister is a person. Your grandparents house is just a thing. People are always more important than things. Keep in your mind that your sister is more important than the house and what she does with the house won't bug you much.

Tod Dague":qxgmr6aa said:
Family problems should be kept in the family not in the community and certainly not on the net. That being said it is your Grandparents property and they can do with it as they please. Stay out of it.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. Just trying to help.

No offense taken YOUR RIGHT

As for victoria your right too JUST A HOUSE

Like I said New year is coming will try to get along better :D

Not arguing with yall ideal's she may be a person i can understand that but she also sound's like she need's more responsablity letting someone do wrong is in itself neglect.

As for victoria your right too JUST A HOUSE

If it is your Grandparents house that they worked so hard for, then it isnt "Just a house." Your sister is family, but so are your Grandparents. Personally, I think letting someone "tear it apart" is disrespectful to your Grandparents. I don't think anything drastic should be done, but you might let your sister know how you feel, JMO.

Ryan

Interesting advise, some I agree with others maybe not as much.

Family is always hard, always.

Let your heart be your guide. Most times its easy to know what is right, but hard to do that very thing.

Like I said hard...

Enjoy the season

MD

That's a hard call. I hate to see a place torn up and let fall apart from neglect and such. But I am not sure what to tell you to do. About all you can do is try to buy her out. Sometimes this isn't something we can afford.
It is hard to believe that some people just don't take care of things like we might. It is hard to let go of something that we loved and had so many memories of, and let someone tear it apart. Sort of like selling your first house and moving into a new one. When you go back by to see it,they have dug up all the beautiful shrubs and bushes and replaced it with ceramic figurines, and plastic do-dads with a goofy little 4" white picket fence around it. They lay plastic alligators, snakes and such around in them. I call it "Rock Garden from Hell." You want to go in and ask them what in the hell did they do with those expensive bushes you took such good care of. And the best part is when they repaint it a different color. Now that usually causes you to never ride past it again.
About all you can do is offer to buy the house and see if she will take you up on it. We all have family issues and sometimes they never get resolved. I hope your's turns out well. Been there, done that, just in a different story.

I love the way my explanation about the Rock Garden from "hell" has been replaced with "be nice." I used the word as a region. What about this: I went to picwic "dam" to fish in the water below it for catfish.