Family in need

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Please keep a family in your thoughts and prayers. They are friends of mine from the Hot Springs area of Arkansas. About a week and a half ago their 5 year old son drowned while on a camping trip. The his dad performed cpr until help arrived and EMT's tried to revive him on the life flight helicopter but to no avail. The funeral is over but the family is still having a tough time. I have had a huge burden for them on my heart for days as my son is the same age.

Saw that on the news, sorry to hear. Seems there have been a bunch of drowning s this year, not sure why.
Sad day.

Fire Sweep Ranch":1ek2yczf said:
Saw that on the news, sorry to hear. Seems there have been a bunch of drowning s this year, not sure why.
Sad day.

I dont mean to imply this is what happened by no means, but I see a lot of people looking at facebook while their kids swim. Drowning is not the dramatic event you see on the movies. It happens quietly and if your not watching you wont even know its happening. Lots of kids drown just a few feet from their parents and the parents never know it. Praying for theat family.

HOSS":315lu4zc said:
Please keep a family in your thoughts and prayers. They are friends of mine from the Hot Springs area of Arkansas. About a week and a half ago their 5 year old son drowned while on a camping trip. The his dad performed cpr until help arrived and EMT's tried to revive him on the life flight helicopter but to no avail. The funeral is over but the family is still having a tough time. I have had a huge burden for them on my heart for days as my son is the same age.

HOT SPRINGS, Ark. -- A 5-year-old boy died while swimming. Garland County Sheriff's Deputy Scott Hinojosa says the agency was contacted on Friday evening about a child who disappeared at the Spillway Day Use area on Lake Ouachita.

Hinojosa says the boy was swimming with a life jacket and possibly slipped out of it and went underwater. A relative found the boy a short time later.

Sad to hear this, there is nothing that can compare to losing a child. I myself have been there, its gonna take a lot just to find some normalcy in life again. Thoughts and prayers are with them.

Arkansas":3a7fzge7 said:
HOSS":3a7fzge7 said:

HOT SPRINGS, Ark. -- A 5-year-old boy died while swimming. Garland County Sheriff's Deputy Scott Hinojosa says the agency was contacted on Friday evening about a child who disappeared at the Spillway Day Use area on Lake Ouachita.

Hinojosa says the boy was swimming with a life jacket and possibly slipped out of it and went underwater. A relative found the boy a short time later.

Sad to hear this, there is nothing that can compare to losing a child. I myself have been there, its gonna take a lot just to find some normalcy in life again. Thoughts and prayers are with them.
That is the one Arkansas. Heartbreaking story.

I do not want to take away from this thread, but we have lots of conversations around here about drownings. We came from CA years ago, and in CA everyone swims at either pools or rivers/lakes. Kids are taken to swimming lessons early in life (2ish), and all of my kids knew how to swim by the time they were three. We were raised on the water in the summer when I was a kid, so it was automatic that my kids learned to swim also. We were amazed at how many people in MO do not teach their kids to swim, yet spend weekends in canoes on float trips. There are more water ways out here than CA, so why is the mentality so different? We often wonder, especially when you hear of so many drownings.

HOSS":1fxj758d said:
Arkansas":1fxj758d said:
HOSS":1fxj758d said:

That is the one Arkansas. Heartbreaking story.

Yeah I had heard about it too, was very sad to hear it. Its always heartbreaking when a young child passes, very hard for the family :(