Fall yearling Hereford Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms":2sjno8nu said:
Mrvictordomino, those are some fine looking bulls. Mighty fine. :tiphat:

For those who know Herefords and bulls well, critique this one. 2 year old. He's not mine so you ain't gonna offend me. But the breeder has offered to sell him to me. (Not near as good as Danny's in my opinion)

Not the greatest picture but I see some potential there.

TennesseeTuxedo":2fbgrafk said:
JMJ Farms":2fbgrafk said:

For those who know Herefords and bulls well, critique this one. 2 year old. He's not mine so you ain't gonna offend me. But the breeder has offered to sell him to me. (Not near as good as Danny's in my opinion)

Registration No.: 43542642
Appears to have a good pedigree based on my limited knowledge. Problem is EPD accuracy is so low they don't help my decision. Breeder is a 40 year veteran of the purebred Hereford seed stock business and is a first class stand up fellow. I trust him 100%. Any more thoughts?

JMJ Farms":1lggczh7 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1lggczh7 said:
JMJ Farms":1lggczh7 said:

Appears to have a good pedigree based on my limited knowledge. Problem is EPD accuracy is so low they don't help my decision. Breeder is a 40 year veteran of the purebred Hereford seed stock business and is a first class stand up fellow. I trust him 100%. Any more thoughts?

Terrible pic to judge him on, he's too stretched out, but he has depth and muscle in the hind end so he has promise, but would like to see a better pic of him. Also and more important the reg # you provided (43542642) comes up with a polled bull on the AHA site, which he is not. I really like the Bulls in the provided reg #. Always liked 29f stuff, but since he's horned there may be a problem.

Danny, As usual... very nice set of bulls! I am going to have to come up to your place and check them out in person some day! In the market for a new bull here very soon.

Brian

I see one I really like!! But all those bulls are beautiful! Wish I lived closer to you! What would a bull of that quality go for price wise?

Alan":13s198lg said:
JMJ Farms":13s198lg said:
TennesseeTuxedo":13s198lg said:

Terrible pic to judge him on, he's too stretched out, but he has depth and muscle in the hind end so he has promise, but would like to see a better pic of him. Also and more important the reg # you provided (43542642) comes up with a polled bull on the AHA site, which he is not. I really like the Bulls in the provided reg #. Always liked 29f stuff, but since he's horned there may be a problem.

You are correct. He is out of a polled cow and a polled bull. So as to why he has horns......? 29f? Tell me about this Alan. Thanks in advance.

JMJ Farms":1g52ruhj said:
Alan":1g52ruhj said:
JMJ Farms":1g52ruhj said:

You are correct. He is out of a polled cow and a polled bull. So as to why he has horns......? 29f? Tell me about this Alan. Thanks in advance.

That's an easy one, one or both of the bulls parents is not homozygous polled.

Here is a boy I got from Danny's last fall bulls. He is working out real well. He seems to enjoy his job, he is always busy. Looking forward to seeing some of his calves starting in Feb.

TennesseeTuxedo":hegltyfk said:
You'll be happy, we've sure enjoyed our bull since he came as a yearling in the fall of 2012.

They look good...both pics. I like the house too.

This is for everyone posting pics. I like to see rear shots and even some front shots. To really tell if they have enough natural thickness you need to see a rear shot.

elkwc":1owpii7v said:
This is for everyone posting pics. I like to see rear shots and even some front shots. To really tell if they have enough natural thickness you need to see a rear shot.

I can get some for you Jay, please post some of yours as well.

DM