Fall Worming

Help Support CattleToday:

kentuckyguy

Reaction score
Thinking about working the cattle soon to remove fly tags and worm.

When do you find is the best time to worm in the fall? Before or after a hard frost? I know there is some dangers associated with worming too late in the fall.

And do you find a pour on or drench works better in the fall? Seems I remember a post about eprinex being the best pour on. In the past we have always rotated dectomax and cydectin in the spring and fall but I've seen on here that many of you drench.

I have never drenched the cattle but always rotate ivomec and valbazem on the sheep.

Eprinomectin- trade name Eprinex works. I satisfied myself that it is the best pour on. I used it in the spring and will use it again this fall. It probably is advisable to alternate between different products.

I usually vaccinate and worm in October. Based on recent research, I want to vaccinate for the Fetal Protection viruses - IBR, BVD, PI3, and BRSV well in advance of my late fall breeding. I am planning on starting soon. Will use Covexin 8, Bovi shield gold FP 5, Spirovac (VL5) and Autogenous Pinkeye. Plus worm with Eprinex.