Fall AI Breeding Who are you using?

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
I know some of you have already started and/or finished AI breeding for fall of 2018 Calves. What did you use or plan on using? used on cows? heifers?

We are using 3 bulls
Deer Valley All In (cows and heifers)
Sydgen Wake up Call (cows and heifers)
Sydgen Black Diamond (cows and heifers)

Split the heifers equally with all three, using the Black Diamond bull alittle heavier than the other two on the cows.

What are you using?

Used 3F Epic on cows and heifers (25 total) this fall. Hope to get a couple terminal bulls out of this group.

Used Raindance, Respnse, and Pay weight 1682 to flush. Used the same + Legend, Southside, and Rainier 111127 to A I cows. Used Acclaim and Manning on heifers

Have Bred four to Claymont of Wye
bred one to 7AN426 Conversation..... sexed semen trying for a heifer.
three weeks will be this weekend when I have also synced a group of heifers for the neighbor. Some reg red angus and some commercial black. one heifer is 1/4 galloway, 1/4 angus, and 1/2 red angus and she looks just like a galloway. going to breed her red and see what happens...

We synched 16 cows this fall:
SAV Sensation (3)
SAV Drover (5)
Capitalist (2)
PVF Insight (4)
Ft. Knox (Hereford) 1 commercial cow
Durango 44U (Hereford) 1 commercial cow

Today is 15 days post breeding, so should know how we did by this time next week.

Only cows got AI service this fall. Virgin heifers, most 2-yr olds, and middle- to low-end performers all went to the walking herdsire, a homo black/polled Simmental bull.

Majority of black and BWF cows went to ASR Longevity Y184; best-producing baldy SimAngus cow got an AI service to JF Milestone 999W.

Good-producing Shorthorn-crosses were AI'ed to the Rob Sneed '034' Shorthorn sire.
High% Angus cows that had a history of nicking well with Shorthorns were AI'ed to ArSuLu MacKenzie.
Don't have my records at hand... think there was probably one cow that got an AI service to the Braunvieh sire, Silverwood Dragon 4Y.

Most have passed their return service date and appear to have 'stuck' to the AI service, but a few returned, and the bull will hopfully have caught them on the return service.

Lucky_P":3rf2livg said:
Only cows got AI service this fall. Virgin heifers, most 2-yr olds, and middle- to low-end performers all went to the walking herdsire, a homo black/polled Simmental bull.

Majority of black and BWF cows went to ASR Longevity Y184; best-producing baldy SimAngus cow got an AI service to JF Milestone 999W.

Good-producing Shorthorn-crosses were AI'ed to the Rob Sneed '034' Shorthorn sire.
High% Angus cows that had a history of nicking well with Shorthorns were AI'ed to ArSuLu MacKenzie.
Don't have my records at hand... think there was probably one cow that got an AI service to the Braunvieh sire, Silverwood Dragon 4Y.

Most have passed their return service date and appear to have 'stuck' to the AI service, but a few returned, and the bull will hopfully have caught them on the return service.

That ability to use whatever bull you choose and can afford on which ever cow you want to is the great thing about AI....

For mature cows I am using SydGen Black Diamond, for heifers I am using SydGen Enhance. Using my bull on a couple of CAC cows and any others that don't conceive AI.

Musgrave Big Sky on cows
Mar Innovation on cows
Victor719T on brangus x cows
Musgrave aviator on heifers

You were probably more interested in Angus bulls, but this is what I used (Simmental of course!)
4 embryos - 2 sired by Executive Order, 1 by Milestone & 1 by Shock Force
AI Sires: Executive Order, Milestone, Classified, Grand Fortune, Mack AF, Innocent Man & 1 Beef Maker
All have been bred/implanted - now waiting for any repeats. Started on 11-17

Cows:
weigh up
Fortress
Niagara

Heifers:
Sure fire
Excede---hereford on Hereford heifers.

Bred most of the heifers (high % RA) to WS High Stakes. We calved in a small sample of his percentage daughters this year and I believe he's going to work alright so with that being said we used our remaining inventory.
Low percentage simmental (1/4 to 3/8) were bred to GW Predestined 701T, with a select few remaining heifers being bred to semen that we've collected on bulls that we own; both of which are Red Angus.

links to sires for those interested.
http://genex.crinet.com/beef/index.php? ... 43&lang=EN

http://www.accelgen.com/catalog/beef-ca ... tined-701t

AI'd two heifers from 8 so far. Both have BB in them so used easy calving Angus bulls. One is BA another is RA.
Red Angus:
http://www.db.cschms.cz/english/index.p ... 0717945031

Other heifers will be AI'd soon. Use this bull, or maybe will use other breed, as they aren't that muscled as their friends.
Might use some AI on cows too, for some fresh blood.

We are using the following on mature cows:

SAV Abundance 6117 reg# 18579265

Bruin Torque 5261 reg# 18248293

SAV Resource 1441 reg# 17016597

SAV Reign 6845 reg# 18578962

Buford Pathfinder C304 reg# 18251463

Coleman Charlo 0256 reg# 16879074

SAV Priority 7283 reg# 15688351

Gizmom

gizmom":2xnpljma said:
We are using the following on mature cows:

SAV Abundance 6117 reg# 18579265

Bruin Torque 5261 reg# 18248293

SAV Resource 1441 reg# 17016597

SAV Reign 6845 reg# 18578962

Buford Pathfinder C304 reg# 18251463

Coleman Charlo 0256 reg# 16879074

SAV Priority 7283 reg# 15688351

Gizmom
I've got 2 calves out of pathfinder and they are nice, about a month and a half old growing really well, nice and thick. Have you used him before, if not I think you will like him.

Jeanne,
I sold all of the Grandmaster heifers as open yearling heifers, most of them to a very good friend/mentor/customer in Alabama who develops bred heifers and sells them private treaty. He kept a couple of them for himself and seems to be quite happy with them.

Latest posts