Here are some pictures of a Ironwood New Level Bull born 9/22/05. calf tag #52
All pictures below are the same bull #52
my 58-day weight for him is 1122# 9/14/06
Web_Daybreak_New_Level_52_Bull_a.jpg

Web_Daybreak_New_Level_52_Bull_b.jpg

Web_Daybreak_New_Level_52_Bull_c.jpg

Web_Daybreak_New_Level_52_Bull_e.jpg

Web_Daybreak_New_Level_52_Bull_f.jpg

He looks good to me...which probably spells the kiss of death to you...

C'mon folks...cb, angus limox, srr, just 'cause I said he looks good doesn't mean you have to automatically black ball the bull, but I wanted to throw my hat in there...I think he looks really good. :)

Alice

Kind of hard to see a funnel butt in these bulls. I think you gotta like them.

Alice,,,I know how you feel,,,,I can see it coming,,,,and whats that sticking out will definately get a comment from the peanut gallery :lol: :lol:

he looks good.

it looks like something a little weird in his joint structure front and back, but it is a minute issue compared to his overall look. nice muscle in his rounds too.

what kind of cows is he out of?

The front legs bother me more than the back ones. That front left (his left) knee looks knock kneed. I think I am being a little picky; but I would like to watch him move. That seems an awfully ticky tack criticism given that he is much heavier muscled than many of the black bulls that have appeared on here in the last year. I think he is a good bull overall and will improve MOST cows out there.

Brandonm2":1k1e8bqd said:
The front legs bother me more than the back ones. That front left (his left) knee looks knock kneed. I think I am being a little picky; but I would like to watch him move. That seems an awfully ticky tack criticism given that he is much heavier muscled than many of the black bulls that have appeared on here in the last year. I think he is a good bull overall and will improve MOST cows out there.
How can you say that a bull with bad legs, both front and back; although he is heavier than most of the black bulls that have appeared on here in the past year; be able to improve Most cows out there.

Howdy,

I have 8 bulls here on-the-farm gain test.
2 Objective sons (15359107, 15359115)
1 Nichols Extra H-6 son (15359134)
1 New Level son #52 (15359133)
1 878 son (15359108)
3 Power Design sons (My herd sire)(15359121, 15359122)
specs
Objective sons
73# and 76# born 10/1/05 and 10/2/05
Extra H-6 son
72# born 10/1/05
New Level son
67# born 9/22/05
878 son
62# born 9/22/05
Power Design sons
74# and 76# and 76# born 10/27/05 and 11/23/05 and 10/1/05

Bull 52 pedigree at AAA is http://www.angus.org/common/epd_ped...425D5543554F465D4F4158520F&B=44475F404B5D4641

I can take more pictures of whatever bull here.

Note* #52 rear legs are impressive. I am not sure your getting a good look or comparison. His fronts are solid and sturdy and not knock kneed at all. I was looking him over today, and was just noticing how much muscle there is in the rear legs. Massive thigh and down.

I do not finish hatchett butts. :) I don't breed that way either.

Here is my posting pics of my bulls standing very nicely for a picture. http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

la4angus":6fljmh4t said:
Brandonm2":6fljmh4t said:
How can you say that a bull with bad legs, both front and back; although he is heavier than most of the black bulls that have appeared on here in the past year; be able to improve Most cows out there.

It all depends on what you want him for. Right now I think the lack of muscle is a bigger across the industry problem than is achieving feet and leg perfection. He is NOT perfect and IF I saw him move I might like him less....possibly a lot less. Daybreak actually saw him move and is not troubled by it. Accepting THAT for whatever it is worth, I think you got a big and thick bull there. I wouldn't take him to any stock shows; but IF he can move freely I think he will put muscle on a calf crop.

I think he would make a terminal bull. His leg structure also bothers me, could be his stance but even then they just bug me and the fact that he's a New Level bull is a big turn off for me. 95% of New Design cattle would not work in our operation.

He looks like a meat maker and for that I'd say he'd be a good terminal as his steers should be pretty nice calves.

:shock: :shock: Why don't you give him a bit more grain so that we can see what a lard ass he really is? Can anyone say Oink, Oink??? Wow now there is a picture of why I only buy foraged raised bulls!! And to think some on here say the grain fed bulls have better sperm?? Were are his balls?? I guess if you feed a bull enough you can fool quite a few people into thinking he is a nice, good, great, bull! Sorry but just because he is the fattest bull I have seen in a while does not mean he is a good bull!! Please cut off whatever tiny nuts he may have between those straight legs and send him to the butcher before he gets any fatter!!! :roll: :roll:

Jake":2rhnkxkf said:
He looks like a meat maker and for that I'd say he'd be a good terminal as his steers should be pretty nice calves.
Problem is that most bulls sire both males and females, and most producers keep or sell some of the hfrs for replacements.

S.R.R.":1sr415t1 said:
:shock: :shock: Why don't you give him a bit more grain so that we can see what a lard ass he really is? Can anyone say Oink, Oink??? Wow now there is a picture of why I only buy foraged raised bulls!! And to think some on here say the grain fed bulls have better sperm?? Were are his balls?? I guess if you feed a bull enough you can fool quite a few people into thinking he is a nice, good, great, bull! Sorry but just because he is the fattest bull I have seen in a while does not mean he is a good bull!! Please cut off whatever tiny nuts he may have between those straight legs and send him to the butcher before he gets any fatter!!! :roll: :roll:

Howdy SRR,

Do you raise beef cattle? I don't think so. He is not fat. Maybe you have not scene genetics up there. OH, that's right, he is been forage based and is currently on a mild 12% protein weight gain test. His genetics simply show his feed efficiency currently gaining 4.79# a day. Beef cattle? yep tender genetics, feed efficiency, low birth weight, rea, ww, yw.

Forage based bulls? I guess if I pumped grain into them like crazy, they would melt away when working. The feed ration I am using is not as hot as state feed test. It has proven the gain does not melt away when its time to work. Maybe you need to look over all the AI sire out there.

Daybreak":382na5fx said:
S.R.R.":382na5fx said:

Howdy SRR,

Do you raise beef cattle? I don't think so. He is not fat. Maybe you have not scene genetics up there. OH, that's right, he is been forage based and is currently on a mild 14% protein weight gain test. His genetics simply show his feed efficiency currently gaining 4.79# a day. Beef cattle? yep tender genetics, feed efficiency, low birth weight, rea, ww, yw.

Forage based bulls? I guess if I pumped grain into them like crazy, they would melt away when working. The feed ration I am using is not as hot as state feed test. It has proven the gain does not melt away when its time to work. Maybe you need to look over all the AI sire out there.

So were did you say his nuts were??

I know that Angus are known for having a lot of back fat ect. But it was his lard ass and funny looking pig tail that prompted my comments!

He is on a wt. gain test so I understand why he is so fat but it does not change the fact that he is. Sorry but there is no way you are going to convince anyone on this board who has raised beef cattle in real world conditions that if you were to put that bull out on the range to work he is going to keep his current condition you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Good genetics will help a bull stay fit and musculer while at work but they won't keep a bull fat!

If you have the time take a few more pictures of him and maybe I will see the bull the way you do. Please try to get a shot of his scrotum because as I am sure you know that has a lot to do with whether or not it is worth using him as a breeding bull. Unless of course he is only used as a terminal sire. I get the feeling though that you think he has what it takes to produce replacement hefiers ect.

S.R.R.":2gz622uw said:
Daybreak":2gz622uw said:
S.R.R.":2gz622uw said:

Howdy SRR,

Do you raise beef cattle? I don't think so. He is not fat. Maybe you have not scene genetics up there. OH, that's right, he is been forage based and is currently on a mild 14% protein weight gain test. His genetics simply show his feed efficiency currently gaining 4.79# a day. Beef cattle? yep tender genetics, feed efficiency, low birth weight, rea, ww, yw.

So were did you say his nuts were??

I know that Angus are known for having a lot of back fat ect. But it was his lard ass and funny looking pig tail that prompted my comments!

He is on a wt. gain test so I understand why he is so fat but it does not change the fact that he is. Sorry but there is no way you are going to convince anyone on this board who has raised beef cattle in real world conditions that if you were to put that bull out on the range to work he is going to keep his current condition you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Good genetics will help a bull stay fit and musculer while at work but they won't keep a bull fat!

I have to agree SRR he for sure doesn't have his working clothes on. Heck his diet is 14% protien that for sure is not real in this part of the world. If he needs that high of a protien diet he would starve to death here.

Howdy,

Let's back up a moment. He is now just 12 months old. He is not in his working clothes. I guess the pictures do not show his nuts well. I will take some other pictures with different angles. enuff said.

Starve to death? Why on earth would you keep any animal on a full feed ration? This is only a 112 day feed gain test. It mimics most state test. My bulls on test started July, 18, 2006. So he is currently approx 73 days into the test.

Latest posts