Facebook, How many are on it?

Help Support CattleToday:

Unfortunately if you have any friends who do not vote the way you do you have to endure countless political posts that you don't agree with.
I have been on there a lot lately and frankly am sick of the political bs. So i have a choice to make unfriend all my liberal friends or quit looking at facebook...........

3waycross":39nfzvab said:
Unfortunately if you have any friends who do not vote the way you do you have to endure countless political posts that you don't agree with.
I have been on there a lot lately and frankly am sick of the political bs. So i have a choice to make unfriend all my liberal friends or quit looking at facebook...........

Just hide them on your feed. Or unfriend them. I've done both.

ricebeltrancher":3f7o05hp said:
3waycross":3f7o05hp said:

Just hide them on your feed. Or unfriend them. I've done both.

I hate to unfriend someone who i have known for 40 years because they are wrongheaded politically.......how do you hide them?

No--never have done any fb or twitter.
Got 2 sister-in-laws that live on fb and they got into a serious catterwalling argument in real life because one of them "unfriended" the other one on facebook.

3waycross":29yf4g1z said:
I think its on the upper right hand of any post they make, there's a little dropdown menu where you can choose to "hide" posts.. I think they call it "unfollow XXX person", that way it won't show up in your feed

I don't do twitter, don't see a reason to

GB, I've seen internet drama spew over into real life too.. it's stupid

Ryder":131lls8t said:
What is the reason for this face book thing? Can't a regular e-mail accomplish the same thing without
it being put out before the whole world?
The point seems to be to put it out to a whole bunch of people at once. Some seem to think that everything they do is of vast interest to all of their acquaintences.

I've never been on it. Never really had any desire to. I do have a LinkedIn account, but only because a client from work sent me a "link request", or whatever it's called. I didn't think ignoring it would be a good idea. Now that I've signed up I rarely do anything with it.

I am on Facebook and have several friends from here on it.
I have a page for my egg/baking business and I follow several different recipe pages. Such as Taste of Home, and several others. You can adjust your setting so that you don't see the political stuff and so that the whole world can't see what you post.
I stay in touch with my family who don't live here.
I manage our 4-H club's page. It is useful for sharing the county and district events and other activities that would be of interest to the members. It's nice to be able to have one place to see what's happening without having to send out multiple emails all of the time. Click and share.
I like it. If there is something I don't want to see, I just click on the upper right corner of the post and click I don't want to see this. Poof it is gone.
I enjoy seeing my friends photos and staying in touch that way.
I also like a couple of our local news stations, our local police department, newspaper pages and the Texas A&M Poultry page. I like getting the news when it happens.

The great thing about Facebook is you can choose exactly who you want to talk to or not. I have people I haven't talked to in years face to face but are on my FB because they post funny stuff, take great pictures, or always have a good story to tell. There are also family members or friends I talk to on a daily basis who are not on my FB because they do thing I don't like.

Its a very simple concept if you have the backbone to manage who is on it. Don't post things on it you wouldn't say at the local DQ because you will get the same results x10 for the enet factor. ;-)

I also weed out the people that need approval for everything they do. I see people join this site and get pizzed off and leave because its not like facebook where everybody tells you how wonderful, smart and brilliant your stupid ideas or actions are. sadly a lot of people that use it have no real friends and need to be told how special they are 50 times a day.

I like facebook. It has a place. You have to learn how to use it the way you want it, like channels on tv. I follow a lot of smart people on subjects that interests me. It is so easy to turn off what you don't want and ignore things that you don't care about.

M5farm":kctfntlk said:
I also weed out the people that need approval for everything they do. I see people join this site and get pizzed off and leave because its not like facebook where everybody tells you how wonderful, smart and brilliant your stupid ideas or actions are. sadly a lot of people that use it have no real friends and need to be told how special they are 50 times a day.

CustomerLink-help-with-Facebook1.jpg

3.png

I am on FB. I agree, there is a lot of crap that doesn't interest me. But as many of you have said, it is a way to see pics and keep up with family and friends that you otherwise do not. It is great to follow some horse events that I participate in.

I guess I am just lucky here in the backwoods of East Texas. The US mail still brings me letters from loved ones and takes my letters where I address them to and the telephone thingie still works just like it has since before I was born. It makes this ringing noise, I pick it up and say hello- and miracle of miracles, there my old aunt Martha Jane on the other end.

Facebook--I flick a booger in your general direction.

Aaron":30pclf9n said:
slick4591":30pclf9n said:
Aaron":30pclf9n said:
I think I was on your farm page once and 'liked' it, but then again, maybe I am thinking of someone else.

Just checked and didn't see your name. Musta been someone else's.

Checked as well and it was your page, so my name should be on there.

If you like a page on facebook but you are not friend, the owner of the page will not see the person who liked the page. A facebook quirk.

I'm definatly not. I find it pretty sad how so many people can't go to the bathroom without announcing it on the Facebook. I guess I just don't think everyone should find all the minor details of my life interesting, or the big details for that matter. I can't even think of anyone I know who would be on it.

MY wife does advertising and stuff on there for our CPR business and she likes to read through the stuff. I never get on our page but I do go look at a few Beefmaster breeders pages every now and then.

Latest posts