Facebook, How many are on it?

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
I read Dave's post and got to thinking about how many people are on Facebook daily. I had a Facebook account, but it's been years since I've been on there. My son can't take a poop without putting it on Facebook. I wonder if he does picture's too. He is addicted to his phone and Facebook.

I have one, I don't post anything I keep up with family and friends. If the people on my feed start posting crap and annoying stuff I delete them.

I started one several years ago. At first, I thought it was interesting, but I lost interest fairly fast. I haven't been on it in months., and when I do, I just click on it and don't actually do anything.

i am on facebook.and yes it can be boring.i use it to keep up with beefmaster friends and their cattle.

I'm on facebook. I like it for the local community buy/sell groups that are on it. Lots of quality stuff listed for decent prices.

Aaron":341t0czf said:
I'm on facebook. I like it for the local community buy/sell groups that are on it. Lots of quality stuff listed for decent prices.

I'm a daily user of those sale pages and I also keep up with family and old friends. I have a cattle and chicken page which have sent customers in my direction. Free advertising there so why not use it? Wanna be my friend? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I signed up for the reason you read about in the other thread but I've found my self on there quite a bit. I ignore 3/4 of what I see and I really, really hate it when people put up a picture with script on it and try to convince me that they are the perfect example of that particular sentiment but I do have a select group of people that I rarely see in person that I really enjoy bantering with. This time of year I'm in and out of the house all day and it kind of gives me a sense of connection to sit down for five minutes and read about people that I would do anything for but am not connected to on a day to day face to face basis. I'm sure I've probably annoyed a few people bad enough that they blocked me, but that's fine with me... I'm just me and I'm pretty much the same me on the computer as I am in person and if that's not someone that people like then I encourage them to not associate with me. :D

slick4591":2iv2kcou said:
Aaron":2iv2kcou said:

I'm a daily user of those sale pages and I also keep up with family and old friends. I have a cattle and chicken page which have sent customers in my direction. Free advertising there so why not use it? Wanna be my friend? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I think I was on your farm page once and 'liked' it, but then again, maybe I am thinking of someone else.

I have an account but never look at it. The only reason I started it is because a forum I participate in requires you to post using a facebook account.

I have a personal one and one for the company. The personal one is mainly to keep track of the kids, keep up with extended family, and keep in touch with old friends. My outspoken political views have alienated quite a few though.

I log in once a week or so, I am on a couple buy/sell pages... Like M5, I have (er,had) friends that posted too much annoying crap. I think Facebook needs a "dislike" button beside the "like", that would put a little more honesty in the stats..
I post something humorous on occasion, or some food for though.. Once in a while I'm online at the same time that some of my best friends are that I don't get to talk to much, and we catch up a little.. One is in Winnipeg and I have only seen him 3 times in the last 25 years, another in Taiwan
It's a good tool, but can be a huge waste of time

i am on facebook way more than i would like kill alot of time staring at the same thing but when its time to work i can for get about it. i do like the swap shops and keeping up with class mates and a few family i try to not post any thing so personal that i wouldnt want told around town. but some of the things others have posted just blow my mind

slick4591":a782jgvx said:
Aaron":a782jgvx said:
I think I was on your farm page once and 'liked' it, but then again, maybe I am thinking of someone else.

Just checked and didn't see your name. Musta been someone else's.

Checked as well and it was your page, so my name should be on there.

Nesikep":2hohvbqe said:
I log in once a week or so, I am on a couple buy/sell pages... Like M5, I have (er,had) friends that posted too much annoying crap. I think Facebook needs a "dislike" button beside the "like", that would put a little more honesty in the stats..
I post something humorous on occasion, or some food for though.. Once in a while I'm online at the same time that some of my best friends are that I don't get to talk to much, and we catch up a little.. One is in Winnipeg and I have only seen him 3 times in the last 25 years, another in Taiwan
It's a good tool, but can be a huge waste of time

Who in their right-mind moves from BC to Winnipeg? That's like going from Florida to Alaska. :?

I think he had extended family there, and work. I also don't know why his parents moved from around here to Houston (near Smithers)... Can't imagine liking mosquitos that much, those suckers there don't just bite, they haul you off!

Personally I think there is more BS here than there is on CT. Then again on FB you get to choose who you are friends with to begin with so you do not need to see the BS they spew .

Latest posts