F*@#ing Cows

Help Support CattleToday:

jehosofat

Reaction score
Brand new trailer, dropped it in a pasture about dark last night, loaded with post and wire. Came back at noon today, and the sumbitches hat eaten the wiring harness slam off of it. What is it about wiring harnesses? Don't know how many I've had to redo. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Probably has soybean plastic for wire coating. Heard of a lot of new grain trucks wiring harness getting eaten by mice because of the soy plastic.

Best topic in a long time. Thanks jehosofat. :lol: :lol: :lol: I appreciate the laugh, sorry about the wiring.

Calves are the worst. They drag stuff outta the pickup if the door is open and love to chew on wiring harnesses. The other thing they like is the long 3" yellow straps. They'll drag them off too.

Wish I could post a pic. Back in the fall I pulled up to my barn and a calf had hooked himself through the mouth with a safety chain on a trailer, under his toungue and out the bottom of his jaw. Had to call a buddy to come help me get him loose. He was caught just like a fish. Healed up fine though.

jehosofat said:
Brand new trailer, dropped it in a pasture about dark last night, loaded with post and wire. Came back at noon today, and the sumbitches hat eaten the wiring harness slam off of it. What is it about wiring harnesses? Don't know how many I've had to redo. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would think after about 3 or 4 times, even someone from Alabama would of figure out that you don't leave anything you want in with the cows.

True Grit Farms said:
jehosofat said:

I would think after about 3 or 4 times, even someone from Alabama would of figure out that you don't leave anything you want in with the cows.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NnVaSBoBt5s

True Grit Farms said:
jehosofat said:

From Georgia originally :lol: :lol:

jehosofat said:
True Grit Farms said:
jehosofat said:

From Georgia originally :lol: :lol:

Well that explains a lot.

jehosofat said:

Not enough apparently :hide: :lol2:
Just kidding. Mine are the same way. If I must leave a trailer in the pasture for some reason, I wrap it around the gooseneck high and tight, or wrap the safety chains around the wire, or cover it with a bucket or whatever to keep them from getting to it. They are destructive creatures when they have too much free time. Will tear up anything and everything.

One of my worst incidents involved rats and my boat. They crawled up the tongue and chewed everything up. Both ends looked find, but everything between the plug and the lights was destroyed.

Also had a customers dog completely rewire my dump trailer. And a pack rat that took up residence under the hood of my Ranger. Pack rat moved in in the matter of two days. Chewed the wires off my winch and crawled past the guard into the belt housing and built a nest. Cost him his life.

Lucky said:
Calves are the worst. They drag stuff outta the pickup if the door is open and love to chew on wiring harnesses. The other thing they like is the long 3" yellow straps. They'll drag them off too.
Agreed. Had 2 4 weight calves eat the upper marker light wiring out of the inside of the trailer on a 2 hour trip. Welcome to the club Jehosephat!

Talking of rats one filled the squirrel cage blower on the fan completely full of catfish food. The devil did this over a couple days. Burnt the motor up to the point it smoked it. Had to take out half the dash to get to the blower.

My brother bought a new bass boat and decide to store it in the barn where he could lock it up. He was feeding some commercial cows back then and the rats began storing cubes in it. Filled up both rod boxes and storage compartments with the cubes and I guess they would have the live wells if they could have gotten in them. Somehow they left the wiring alone.

Caustic Burno said:
Talking of rats one filled the squirrel cage blower on the fan completely full of catfish food. The devil did this over a couple days. Burnt the motor up to the point it smoked it. Had to take out half the dash to get to the blower.

I've got two drawers in the shop right now filled with about 60 lbs of range cubes.... :( not the first time it's been done.

Hook2.0 said:
1982vett said:
Caustic Burno said:

I've got two drawers in the shop right now filled with about 60 lbs of range cubes.... :( not the first time it's been done.
swap them out for those special bars

Gotta get some more. They stopped for a while but I noticed the bowl empty again.

Latest posts