Extortion

Help Support CattleToday:

bob g

Reaction score
Woman called, left message on answering machine...said she had hit one of my cows last night that was out on the highway.
I did not call her back, but instead went and checked along the road and along my fence and then checked my cattle. Everything looked ok, so then I called the county sheriff's department. I spoke with the deputy that went to the accident and he said she had no insurance and had probably hit a deer.

It is tough enough to make a dime these days.

She should have gotten the deer only insurance. It's not very expensive. I've gotten payoffs from it twice.

That's ironic. I was in Mississippi last night and I hit a cow too. Were those your cows in the road? My attorney needs your address cause this neck injury and the mental anguish thing I got going on is really going to keep me from working the rest of my life. ;-) :lol2:

Jogeephus":1ebrgfbc said:
That's ironic. I was in Mississippi last night and I hit a cow too. Were those your cows in the road? My attorney needs your address cause this neck injury and the mental anguish thing I got going on is really going to keep me from working the rest of my life. ;-) :lol2:
Don't worry about the injury, we are going to have free health care and no one has to work ever again anyway.

jedstivers":ytcgsuub said:
Jogeephus":ytcgsuub said:
Don't worry about the injury, we are going to have free health care and no one has to work ever again anyway.

Fantastic! Now that would be a change.

Jogeephus":1a0pjjjs said:
jedstivers":1a0pjjjs said:
Jogeephus":1a0pjjjs said:

Fantastic! Now that would be a change.
Change is what we were promised and change is what we'll get.

Its amazing how so many people just want a free ride. Expect it even. Just like this cow/deer thing with Bob. To sum it up, she wants to blame Bob for her not having insurance. Truth be known, she was probably doing 70 mph talking on her cell phone and doing her eyelashes and the deer was just standing in the middle of the road in a saucer-eyed trance and she wants to blame somebody else for her actions. If I could just be a state trooper for a day.

If she'd have hit a cow she'd likely have been in too bad a shape to call you. If she had caller ID, I'd call her back and have her to describe the cow and ask her if she hauled off the carcass for you since you didn't find one. My friend's FIL hit a cow one night with her kids in the truck and they were all pretty banged up, not the mention the truck.

Fraud really gets on my nerves. :mad:

I thought about this and decided that she maybe can't tell the difference between a deer and a cow??? :???:

What's really amusing in GA is that all of the deer belong to the state. That is.... until the exact moment that you hit one. Then it becomes yours.

By the way, my neck is hurting too. If you'll go ahead and send me a check for 10 thousand or so, I'm sure we can settle this out of court with no hard feelings. :cry2:

And I think I am suffering from PTBD. Post traumatic bovine disorder.

grannysoo":yyugriam said:
What's really amusing in GA is that all of the deer belong to the state. That is.... until the exact moment that you hit one. Then it becomes yours.

:lol2: :lol2: Isn't that the truth. I've often thought that was a bit of a double standard. My neighbor was moving cattle across a state road, he had two trucks with flashers on blocking traffic and two of those orange cones. He had people standing in the road waving down traffic when this idiot woman drove around them and into the cows. She got a check!

grannysoo":1jt4tusk said:
Same here, I've been trying to send the State of Ohio a bill for their deer eating our corn, unfourtunately I haven't gotten anywhere with it. :frowns:

FarmGirl10":bdps9tye said:
grannysoo":bdps9tye said:
Same here, I've been trying to send the State of Ohio a bill for their deer eating our corn, unfourtunately I haven't gotten anywhere with it. :frowns:

Just shoot one or two tonight and they will be right out to see you in person. :lol2:

Boy, people can really be annoying, can't they? If we, as a country / government quit GIVING things away, people will never learn to take responsibility! Good call .. you calling the sheriff. I wouldn't waste the dime calling her back. She probably is testing you to see if you'll cave.

TheBullLady":3dah92dy said:
If we, as a country / government quit GIVING things away, people will never learn to take responsibility!

Responsibility? They don't need no stinking responsibility. All they need is a check!

Are we and a country still one and the same?

Are we and the government still one and the same?

Last time I looked, our constitution had been shredded. *

*Disclamer - this is not a political statement referring to the R or D party. It is a statement based upon the fact that 90+ % of everything our federal government does it not authorized by the constitution.

Jogeephus":2dm21ndb said:
FarmGirl10":2dm21ndb said:
grannysoo":2dm21ndb said:

Just shoot one or two tonight and they will be right out to see you in person. :lol2:
:lol: Trying to get me into trouble? BTW, i found you a little grey fox, but it ended up getting put down. :frowns:

Jogeephus":3nfxae96 said:
FarmGirl10":3nfxae96 said:
i found you a little grey fox, but it ended up getting put down.

Why did they have to do that? Was it hurt?
It wasn't that's what made it so sad. :frowns: Something about having been passed through a bunch of people and having come from West Virginia (we're on the other side of the state). So they didn't know anything about the history of the animal, whether it had bitten someone or not; where exactly it had come from; or if it was sorta made into a pet. I guess W. Virgina has a rule about releasing it into the same county and township it was picked up in since they didn't know where it came from they didn't have anywhere to release it. :frowns: I did offer to take it though, but apparently that wasn't allowed either. I also suggested keeping it as a resident at the center, but there was no room for her. :cry2:

Latest posts