extended family

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
If you have a extended family member that really irritates you, is it good to just walk away?Someone who wil lnever accept the decisions she has made, always blaming others for their own screwups-honestly, I just decided to let her be, not try to stay in contact anymore-I think it will be beneficial for me to just terminate communication. Anyone ever have to do this?

GMN

GMN":20t4gvnj said:
If you have a extended family member that really irritates you, is it good to just walk away?Someone who wil lnever accept the decisions she has made, always blaming others for their own screwups-honestly, I just decided to let her be, not try to stay in contact anymore-I think it will be beneficial for me to just terminate communication. Anyone ever have to do this?

GMN

I think you handled it the right way....I didn't..but we don't have any problems anymore either.

1982vett":1zn3xxhf said:
GMN":1zn3xxhf said:
I just decided to let her be, GMN

Works real good as long as you leave it alone.... Some folks can't leave it alone.

I don't have a problem of leaving her alone,(thought i was accomplishing that) but she still emails mostly, wish she would just take responsibility for the way her life has turned out, and grow up, and leave us alone.

GMN

you are very lucky if you can walk away from some1 like that.ive got 1 in my family thatll keep running you up the wall no matter what you do.

GMN":1tqs0jw6 said:
1982vett":1tqs0jw6 said:
GMN":1tqs0jw6 said:
I just decided to let her be, GMN

Works real good as long as you leave it alone.... Some folks can't leave it alone.

I don't have a problem of leaving her alone,(thought i was accomplishing that) but she still emails mostly, wish she would just take responsibility for the way her life has turned out, and grow up, and leave us alone.

GMN

I guess it is harder if they keep the "drive bys" coming.

GMN":2dkiqsme said:
Anyone ever have to do this?

GMN

Yes. Got a sis who thinks my wife aint good enough for me it seems. Got an aunt with a similar problem. I get along with both of them but they don't get along with my "family" so to speak. They sort of made me choose sides and I made the right decision. These two seem to have problems with all of the extended family as well.

Yes, some people will just bring you down and its best to limit contact with them. Some expect you to offer solutions to their self made problems so they can just make a few more to lay in your lap. Some just enjoy their problems. Best to distance yourself but with family its amazing how many threads there are that can pull you back into their web. This is why I always have said the reason God gave you friends was to make up for family.

Jogeephus":2e4cxr74 said:
Yes, some people will just bring you down and its best to limit contact with them. Some expect you to offer solutions to their self made problems so they can just make a few more to lay in your lap. Some just enjoy their problems. Best to distance yourself but with family its amazing how many threads there are that can pull you back into their web. This is why I always have said the reason God gave you friends was to make up for family.

Yes and i value each and every one of my friends-wish some of my friends were my blood relatives, and some of my family were strangers.

GMN

GMN":1nji2182 said:
Yes and i value each and every one of my friends-wish some of my friends were my blood relatives, and some of my family were strangers.
GMN

Funny you say that........I've got some cousins that are strangers.........never been introduced to their 3rd wife and the kid they had. (I guess the "reason" for a 3rd wife :lol: ) Others are strangers by distance, just never cross paths so their kids and their wives are "strangers".

I guess the one that is really bad......I met the bride ofmy nephew about 10 hours before the wedding. Another distance thing, they dated for something like 5 years.

One more thing to add, both of my parents are gone. Back when they were still with us, I tried to keep peace for their sake. Now I don't have to deal with issues much. It is better that way.

Some siblings used to call and complain about the one, I finally told them I didn't want to know and no longer had to deal with such issues.

Some people choose to be miserable. Set them free to pursue that endeavor.

Yeah my other sister. We have only spoken twice since 2000.
The last time the only thing she could say to me were rude remarks and critisism (sp?).
Treated me like dirt under her feet, but expected my kids to treat her like something special. She is a complete stranger to my kids as her's are to me.

GMN walk away and put a block on their e-mail address. you'll be so much better off.
Once I reached the same tough choice life went on better with out her.
my family does bring up things that she is doing, but I just tell them I don't care.

Latest posts