Excitement

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Wife walked out at 9:20 last night and a guy was trying to break in my shop.
Camera caught the meth head just wasn't recognizable.
She was calling the sheriff as I went out the back door with shotgun loaded with buckshot.
He had come through the woods by the road, when he ran, she heard a car peel off , so he had a waiting accomplice.
Ballsy fellow at 9:20 pm.

She was calling the sheriff as I went out the back door with shotgun loaded with buckshot.
He had come through the woods by the road, when he ran, she heard a car peel off , so he had a waiting accomplice.
Glad you stopped him , sorry you didn't get to give him or the car a going away present!

Very glad that neither you nor your wife were injured in any way... too bad that the idiot didn't run a different direction and you could have ventilated him... I am so tired of all this lawlessness.. Motion lights might be a plus since they do not want to be seen...might scare them off when the light comes on.... and gives you a little more ability to see to shoot.... the deer here set mine off but if you are trying to do something wrong, they light up the yard nicely for someone to take aim......they were here when I bought this house and I hated them.... but now am glad they are out there... even with the deer setting them off.

I'm aware I am always heeled.
10-4...Texas is one of the states that will let you protect you and yours...as long as it is in line with that Chapter 9 of the Texas Penal Code...lots of folks don't know the ins and outs of use of force and can get themselves into trouble...everyone should check their own state laws on use of force and know when and the what degree force can legally and lawfully be used...did about 13-14 years as a Texas-licensed Peace Officer...always been impressed with the use of force laws here in the Lone Star State...

Hopefully they learned that y'all are watching and won't be back.
It's getting bad. We are always in high alert around here.
There's an abandoned part of an old road across from where we live by another small property that ours, apparently it's a popular spot for illegal transactions. Have to flush vehicles out of over there on regular basis.
Lots of times people turn around in our driveway or drive through the circle drive trying to find the transaction spot.
We are usually home but still have had a few things grow legs and walk off.
I've walked out several times with the dogs to find a vehicle hightailing it out of the drive.
Sometimes they turn in the drive and I'm out with dogs already and they see us and whip back onto the road. I don't think those are exactly innocent lost drivers turning around.
We got two lines of defense, first is dogs. 2 outside and one mainly in the house.

Do you think he might have been scouting your place and watching you to know when would be a good time to try what they did last night ? Is there valuable stuff that they could steal that would be worth their while ? Do you think they will try again ? Don't know how to go about it but maybe if you could plant some type of way to track whatever they steal might help the cops catch them.

Sounds like if they knew enough about finding their way through the woods in the dark. They must know their way around your place and have done a little scouting. Are there items of a lot of value small enough to carry back through the woods that they might have had some way of knowing was in your shop ?

Sounds like they thought or knew there was ? Might be someone you know or has been in your shop before. But i guess there could be lots of thought of, could of, should have or none all of the above be possible at all too.

Is your shop close to your house or off to itself ?

Would any neighbors have a camera recording traffic on the road. I got my mailbox bashed in a couple years ago along with other people on our route. At least a couple camera systems got good pictures of the vehicle. His stepdad came and paid for a new post and mailbox I guess after the sheriff threated him. My son has a nice camera system (ReoLink brand) that works in the dark etc. as I may get him to install me one. I want one to show traffic on the road also. Glad you got it stopped in time. Usually, something like this is done by somebody not too far off and they have cased you garage before.

Do you think he might have been scouting your place and watching you to know when would be a good time to try what they did last night ? Is there valuable stuff that they could steal that would be worth their while ? Do you think they will try again ? Don't know how to go about it but maybe if you could plant some type of way to track whatever they steal might help the cops catch them.

Sounds like if they knew enough about finding their way through the woods in the dark. They must know their way around your place and have done a little scouting. Are there items of a lot of value small enough to carry back through the woods that they might have had some way of knowing was in your shop ?

Sounds like they thought or knew there was ? Might be someone you know or has been in your shop before. But i guess there could be lots of thought of, could of, should have or none all of the above be possible at all too.

Is your shop close to your house or off to itself ?
I'm confident it's our local drug head.
Won't be the first time I put him in prison.

Buckshot-birdshot is good...when in doubt...shoot for the legs CB. 410 too small, 12 too large...20 just right.
20ga under 25-50 yards will do the trick for sure. I didn't kill him right out but sure knocked him for a loop and made a beaver swim round in little circles one evening with my old Mossberg 20..

years back, remove the birdshot and load with rock salt. not sure if anyone still uses that method anymore.
The rock salt will work…just make sure to clean the barrel out after sending the salt through it…and you may be able to track them down at the local ER…lol

Latest posts