Ever have on of those days....

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
....that you know you shoulda stayed in bed?

StuckDozer-2011001.jpg

StuckDozer-2011004.jpg

Yeah, now that's stuck, we've had em stuck in ponds before. Once that thing get to float on the belly pan you've got trouble.
What we did was use the bucket to lift the tracks then pile rocks under the tracks, then hook the biggest tractor you can find to it. We had 3 tractors hooked to the 1 we had, once you get the tracks on some new ground, it will go again.
I think Angus Cowman will have some good thoughts on this.

Larry

Burned a brush pile there a few weeks back and dug a hole the size of a truck about 5' deep, hole filled up with water in the meantime. Skimmed the topsoil with all of the wire and staples from the fence posts and put in the bottom of the hole and then pushed the dirt back in on top of it. I was smoothing it out and got a little too close. Ended up pulling it out with the hoe and a 7710 Ford.

now that was a rough day let me tell you.ive got a friend that has stuck a D8 cat a few times.

Wow! Worst that ever happens on our place is spinning in the sand. I hesitate to even say it gets muddy here compared to what some of ya'll have to deal with. Guess it all has its problems and advantages though.

cfpinz":1aj5pm70 said:

No, never, I never do stuff like that. At least I don't report it, would screw up my weekly safety record. :D

MistyMorning":2tapty5y said:
cfpinz":2tapty5y said:

No, never, I never do stuff like that. At least I don't report it, would screw up my weekly safety record. :D

I'm calling OSHA. What's your address?

Kingfisher":3uqtwzu0 said:
And just what were you trying to do??

I had filled in a hole that was full of water and old fencing crap, was backdragging the mound to smooth it out and got too close to the edge. Wasn't a gradual drop either, more like one of those roller coasters at the theme park.

cfpinz":232zamde said:
Kingfisher":232zamde said:
And just what were you trying to do??

I had filled in a hole that was full of water and old fencing crap, was backdragging the mound to smooth it out and got too close to the edge. Wasn't a gradual drop either, more like one of those roller coasters at the theme park.
At least when you realized you were in a hole you "quit digging". :lol:

Crowderfarms":1dt0i4r5 said:
I had no idea they even had Diesel equipment up there... :D

If all it takes to draw you out of the woodwork is a stuck dozer, I'd have buried it long ago.

You been hiding out at the TNMasterBeefProducin' Headquarters or what?

Latest posts