Ethanol/ Nuclear

Help Support CattleToday:

We live in the same county as one of the largest fossil fueled power generating plants in the country. Lists as number 13 and 17 in the link below. They are at the same Plant. I really guess that makes them #3 if the same is true for the other two on the list.

Seems like number 1 and 2 turbines are are not on the list. They have 4 turbines.

I like nuclear.

Got a cousin who works at the Vogtle nuclear plant.

http://leahy.senate.gov/issues/environment/ca_stats.html

glover36":b835bx18 said:
we have an ethanol plant going up north of us

It won't be as dirty as ours. We still burn high sulfer coal due to existing contracts.

It also won't be as clean as it could if it was nuclear.

Our Plant Bowen is listed at 3.2 million kw making it #2 in the nation.

Wewild":34yuzbpy said:
glover36":34yuzbpy said:
we have an ethanol plant going up north of us

It won't be as dirty as ours. We still burn high sulfer coal due to existing contracts.

It also won't be as clean as it could if it was nuclear.

America needs a long range sustainable energy plan, not the knee jerk warm and fuzzy plans of today that get politicans to pork barrel through. Look at what one bad hurricane season did to our oil production and refining. At least all we had to do is repair it and get it back on line. A couple of bad drought years or some other plague to cause a corn crop failure and we are screwed until the next year.
Nuclear is our ticket.

Campground Cattle":1s8z1547 said:
Nuclear is our ticket.

I'm in.

I would like learning to be equal distributed. Not that it can because of the situations involved.

I like what Thomas Jefferson said about the population electing their own representives.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2djuawwe said:
Nuclear vehicles? Yup would be wonderful to run a nuclear fuel cell in a vehicle for 20 years. Try to put the oil industry out of business. Impossible.

Who said anything about vehicles?

Someone better figure out how to put fossil fuel out of business because they ain't making anymore of it.

I also reference my last post last sentence. You may qualify.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1m7hphf7 said:
Nuclear vehicles? Yup would be wonderful to run a nuclear fuel cell in a vehicle for 20 years. Try to put the oil industry out of business. Impossible.

We don't even have to go to nuclear vehicles if we could get our electrical grid under control. We have a huge energy appetite in our homes. Population keeps growing, look at today's electrical service on our homes. Thirty years ago the average home had a 100 amp service with room to spare, today you need 200 amp service.
We do need to head to alternate vehicle fuels that are sustainable.
Oil is more than fuel its plastic's, medicine, polymers, etc.
The carpet in your house is oil, the styrofoam cup or plate is oil, the plastic bottle comes in is oil and on and on.
Start looking around at the plastic in your life, we are a wasteful society. We want our cake and eat it to.

I used VEHICLES as a HUGE primary source of energy use.I realize there are many many other uses of fossil fuel products. Wewild I'm not quite sure how to take your statement about "I may qualify" :?:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2v4a2vyn said:
Wewild I'm not quite sure how to take your statement about "I may qualify" :?:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2v4a2vyn said:

Help me understand where nuclear vehicles came from. No one said it before you.

Just a question don't anybody be offended but isn't comparing ethenol to nuclear like comparing apples to coconuts?

Wewild":33pufifw said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":33pufifw said:
Wewild I'm not quite sure how to take your statement about "I may qualify" :?:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":33pufifw said:

Help me understand where nuclear vehicles came from. No one said it before you.
See my last post. Not hard to understand.

Angus Guy":y0740jv7 said:
Just a question don't anybody be offended but isn't comparing ethenol to nuclear like comparing apples to coconuts?

Not when it comes to the output potential of each. Electricity for one.

I realize that me and my children are gona be ok. At some point in time the price and availability of fossil fuel will be high or gone. Just look at the increases recently.

I like to think about my great grand childrens quality of life.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1i78hz11 said:
Wewild":1i78hz11 said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1i78hz11 said:

Does that mean you brought it up?
Obviously I did. What's your point?

Why?
I would think a hydrogen based cell is what is coming.

Maybe I've missed something but isn't ethenol only used in the gas for cars nad trucks? And by the same token is nuclear only used in electricity generation? Would seem to me that it is hard make one out as better than the other.

Wewild":2bqwbbqq said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2bqwbbqq said:
Wewild":2bqwbbqq said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2bqwbbqq said:

Does that mean you brought it up?
Obviously I did. What's your point?

Why?
I would think a hydrogen based cell is what is coming.
That is what I thought at one time (hydrogen) but as has been pointed out on these forums before,and I now agree,hydrogen would cost more to produce to propel a vehicle than the avaiable energy used.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":33bixnra said:
That is what I thought at one time (hydrogen) but as has been pointed out on these forums before,and I now agree,hydrogen would cost more to produce to propel a vehicle than the avaiable energy used.

With today's technology .... maybe so.... maybe not.

It will be there for us.

Fuel cell tech is just now being funded better due to Bush.

You do see fossil fuel won't be here down the road ... don't you?

Latest posts