ET Services and Southeast

Help Support CattleToday:

jgibson

Reaction score
A question for all of those that ET in the southeast. I am considering flushing a cow next year. I want someone that is knowledgable and good at their job. Who do you use? How much notice should I give to the tech?

Ive used both Darrel Gray out of Decatur and Cheryl and Larry Nelson out of Versailles KY...

Dr. Gray is good with eared cattle, but other than that the Nelsons are hard to beat.

Todd Bickett is in NW GA. We've also used Sam Edwards from TN and Randall Hinshaw in VA. I would touch base with them no less than 2 months prior to flush date to set up shipping of fsh, etc.

We've used all 3 successfully and they are easy to deal with.

I have used Sam Edwards in tn 3 times, he did a fine job, was reasonable with his prices and is a fine man. Would recomend him to anyone.

Randal Hinshaw is excellent but is a ways away from you......
He put in some purchased embryos for me once and went five for five and they were all heifers.....
I still have one of em and she weaned an 800 lb bull calf this spring on mamas milk and fescue grass....And she is bred back...hopefully I will get a heifer from her ....she has only ever had one and like a fool I sold her to a friend who wanted her back when we had a larger herd.

He also did a flush of some of our cows with good results....My son has a cow that was one of those embyos and he was bragging on what a good cow she is just this week.

Latest posts