Epic Last Cutting

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Looks like the last cutting of hay this year is going to be one to remembered. If it could go wrong it has gone wrong. I should know better than to cut hay on a Monday. Much less a holiday. Grass itself looks great. Weather is great. Just all these little things giving trouble makes me think I should have stayed in bed today.

I cut hay last week and and the baler broke Friday night before I finished. We got a rain Saturday so we've been teddering the hay every day. But I'm planning on finishing up tomorrow. If your cutting your Tiff 85 behind the barn it's going make to make some serious hay. If you need any help let me know, I've got nothing going on Wednesday or Thursday.

I was going to cut last week but the weather had me scared. This is the patch by the barn and will be the 5th cutting this year. Its going to be some high quality hay but not a heavy yield - 4 rolls/acre tops. I probably should have stayed in bed this morning. Day started with a seized coupling on a spreader on the pto. That was a job to get off. Then it deteriorated. When I thought I had everything going a tire blew out on the cutter and changing that with all that weight was a chore. Thanks for the offer. Hopefully nothing will break and it will go smoothly. I think the lower humidity is going to make it dry fast. I hope anyway.

Latest posts