EPA continues attack on cattle!

Help Support CattleToday:

NCLiz 3

Reaction score
EPA continues attack on cattle!
Traditionally, environmental regulators and energy industry groups have estimated methane emissions by multiplying the amount of methane emitted by a specific source – e.g., belching cattle or methane leaks at natural gas processing plants – by the number of that source type in a geographic region.
For example, imagine that a cow emits 1/10 of a metric ton of methane every year. If the United States has 10 cows, the total methane emissions attributable to cattle is one metric ton annually. By adding the total methane emissions from cattle with the totals from every other source of methane emissions, we can derive the total methane emissions for the United States.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/williampent ... ays-study/
I can guarantee you there is more methane emissions coming out of "wet lands" and woods and swamps and out of unsealed sewer manholes covers and sewer vent pipes and sewage treatment plants, then all the ruminants in the word.
Maybe we should start filling in our wet lands and start draining the Everglades in Fla.
Watch this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RJCAh7jMFQ
Liz

I just wonder how much the average human puts off a year?
Good point!
Maybe we can get a fed grant to study humans.
As cows are vegetarians I think we should only study human vegetarians for their methane out put.
Liz

NCLiz 3":2mbpusg4 said:
I just wonder how much the average human puts off a year?
Good point!
Maybe we can get a fed grant to study humans.
As cows are vegetarians I think we should only study human vegetarians for their methane out put.
Liz

Ha.. I do like the way you think Liz !

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!
Why would you ever do that?
Did you see what happened to that manhole cover that is 90 lbs.

Did beer have anything to do with it?
Liz

Dogs and Cows":1in2jj3g said:
Not all humans produce methane as the bugs in the digestive tract differ between people. I don't know the exact numbers...but methanogens are not in large quantities in the human system. That being said...I for one know I lit a fart on fire when I was younger...haha. Sorry if that is too much personal info.

Tim
:clap: :clap: Good job Tim! Now, "I like how you think!" :lol: :lol: (Though I do have a pretty sick sense of humor for a girl!)

Latest posts