Enough !

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
After years of trying to deal and handle what I call a eating problem I am now being forced to buy a lock box to keep food in so "someone" will not sneak/steal it .
It has gotten so bad that he actually ate all of Nikki's homemade cookies that I had made for her and Spartan for Christmas . They were just normal cookies that people can eat but were adaptable for dogs too and high in carbs/calories and low in fat and protein (perfect for what Nikkle needs now as a snack). So I went to get her a treat today and the HIDDEN bloody container was freaking empty and the last time I was in it it was full.
Same with the cookie jar above the cupboard I keep stocked just for when my nephew comes ; empty and I had just filled it!

:bang: :bang:

I can see this with kids etc but a grown @ss man ....... Ridiculous !!!!!!! :help:

I worked for a veterinarian who was always eating my stuff. If I had chips, he would come up and take a handful. I took my dog to work with me because I would be alone most of the day while he was out on farm call. One day, I got so tired of him eating my lunch, I bought some dog jerky. I opened the wrapper and had it sticking out like I was eating it. I put it on my desk with the label down. He picked it up, took a bite and said that it tasted funny. I told him, I should think so, read the wrapper. He put it down and never bothered my food again.

You should bait him with some store bought dog cookies that taste nasty to people.

Sorry about your screen Jo . :p

I did many many years of adapting to his issues, only healthy food in the house etc but come on be an adult already.

It is also very embarrassing when I have company and I go grab the dessert I made the night before only to find a few crumbs left of it . :oops:

Chippie he wouldn't eat them or maybe he would and like them too ,just to spite me . :roll:

My wife and I have had that same fight a few times. She can't understand why I need more food than she does but then once or twice a year she helps me at the ranch, which is AFTER my morning routine of walking ten miles, and she's exhausted and I'm still got a list of chores to do when we get home and have to help her with hers because she's exhausted and then things start to make a little more sense to her.
It takes alot of energy to keep a good man going and after awhile you learn to eat when it's there.

hillsdown":2w9hhr9c said:
I can see this with kids etc but a grown @ss man ....... Ridiculous !!!!!!! :help:

Are you, by any chance, married to my oldest brother? (who is 60)

I guess a lock-box will be in order.

Good luck HD.

Katherine

I think a lock-box will not solve the problem.

Adults work for what they want, they don't steal it. :bang:
And that's as far as I'm going into this argyment... cp would probably agree with me that those dog biscuits sound like perfect farmer food.

make brownies with exlax in them and a ton of it ... did that to my greedy gut cousin one time never messed with my food again

3waycross":1ktac96h said:
I'm not gonna touch this one with a ten foot pole!
That's because you can't put the pie and cookies down long enough to type more than a few letters at a time. Lard @ss! :lol:

3waycross":3pqhr5p0 said:

Probably the smart move 3way. My wife does the same thing and tries to hide food, her stash, all it does is makes me mad. I work the place, she works the office. Not saying I work harder just lots of walking and sweating on my part, plus I'm 6'4 260lbs, she's 110 lbs and eats like a bird. I try to tell her to buy more, but in her mind I should eat like her. My solution is I don't touch her stash and I buy what what I want and she only gets it if she is nice.

Try talking to him and letting him know here's yours (ours) this I'm giving away ...... Which is another can of worms ...... Don't give away more than I want! :lol: :tiphat:

Glad I read the full post BEFORE taking a drink of water or my screen would have gotten a shower!

It's definately a man thing!

When we had a host student from Germany he got used to me making all sorts of home made goodies. Well one day I made a pan of home made dog biscuits. Left it cooling on the stove and forgot about it. He came home and we got to visiting, when I remembered the biscuits. I told him not to eat them since they were for the dogs.
He said he was glad tro know that since he didn't want to tell me they were awful!

Isomade":3qxa84o5 said:
3waycross":3qxa84o5 said:
That's because you can't put the pie and cookies down long enough to type more than a few letters at a time. Lard @ss! :lol:

Actually it was because the accused is a friend of mine and a big fella who needs more calories than a little pi$$ ant like you. Now go put your red chaps on and ride your stick horse around the yard for a while! a$$wipe

I "rewarded the accused" with homemade tortellini stuffed with super greens , Provolone, Parmesan, Romano, Fontina, and Asiago in a pancetta pomodoro sauce and (now I out did myself with this one) homemade buttermilk biscuits stuffed with gouda .

I will make more cookies tomorrow for Nikki ,am out of most of the ingredients or would have made them tonight . Nikki had a horrid night last night, zero sleep for her which equals zero for me. We are both exhausted ,just want to get into the hospital asap so we can find out if this is a shunt and get it fixed already :(
Just to elaborate she is not in pain just uncomfortable and a little sick to her tummy so she can not get relaxed enough to sleep .

Combine this with calving and dealing with anemia myself, I have a short fuse as of late as I am just plain tired.

No need to get all worked up as I have already moved on . Just a little exhausted venting on my part . :tiphat:

I'm sorry that Nikki had a rough night. I am beginning to think that it is a male thing, to eat all of something and not tell you that it is gone.
I was the only one home last night for dinner, so I decided to keep it simple and have a peanut butter sandwich. Whoever used it last did remember to put it back in the pantry -- empty. Not even a spoonful left.

Take care of yourself HD. (((hugs)))

The Dr. gave me a diet plan one time. It worked pretty good till I figured out it was for a week. Another time I was at a party and had a big plate full of food and somebody said "I thought you were on a diet" I said "I am, you have to be at least a 100 pounds over weight for a gastric bypass and I've got about 20 to go". So you see, maybe he is doing better than you think, sometimes a great mind is hard to understand.

Larry

Years ago I was working in a plywood mill. Somebody was stealing the goodies out of everyone's lunch pail. One day one of the guys had two cupcakes with chocolate frosting in his lunch. They both got stole. Well the frosting was made with ex-lax. We soon found out who the thief was. I don't think he was at work the next day. And I don't beleive he stole out of lunches after that.