Enid Oklahoma sale

Help Support CattleToday:

660 cows and bulls sold yesterday.
Amazingly prices seemed to hold mostly steady. Tho they've been down a lil from previous sales. They started an hour early and weren't done with cows til near 3 pm. And had over 2300 calves to sell!

What a day for those guys yesterday. I'm sure they are still loading out....

So they started at 830am and sold the last one just before 11pm.

Neighbor is selling out. They are tired of hauling water.

Wonder what fairview did today.
Fairview has a cow special Tuesday, gonna be interesting to see what happens there. SOMEONE has to have grass and water somewhere. Be a shame to see nice stock go to slaughter.

O!
I left pawnee with 2 calves.
A 210 lb black bull calf
And a 95 lb heifer

They were still selling calves when I left at 630pm. Calf market is down a bit but steady. Quality is the profit maker.

And estimated over 600 cows to sell still!
They sell cows last there. Them boys gonna be pulling an all nighter.
I was gonna hang around and see if they pulled any calves off of pairs, but I'm done today!

1665095838871.png
I know ours had a good 200+ early consignment cows, most bred. I'm weaning Sunday and culling way more than I want to. But our pastures are essentially burnt up and water is getting dangerously low.

View attachment 21865
I know ours had a good 200+ early consignment cows, most bred. I'm weaning Sunday and culling way more than I want to. But our pastures are essentially burnt up and water is getting dangerously low.
Same situation here and everywhere. Lots of folks tired of hauling water. Cows were down considerably today....

Have you gotten any moisture to speak of Murray?
None really. They had some down south by okc and Shawnee.

Wheat crops have failed all over the place here. But depending on which cloud landed where, there is SOME wheat that's gonna make ok.

They keep saying next week it'll rain. Next week. Just hold on til next week.

Pretty good shot this week! Fingers cross 🤞

Latest posts